In-House Training by Best Foot Forward
Participants will leave this in-house training with the confidence and ability to develop and perform effective appraisals. They will understand the value of these interactions and appraisals managers and team members alike can use the system to their benefit rather than it feeling like one more box to check off their schedule.
Appraisal meetings are often undervalued and under-utilised. Managers and staff rush through them, do not prepare properly or use them incorrectly as an opportunity to offload any issues from the previous year. Another common problem area is when managers save performance issues for upcoming appraisals defeating the object and the meeting feel like an attack and a meeting that staff dread.
Development meetings are there as a tool for the manager and team member to work together to achieve clearly defined goals. They are a platform for allowing staff the opportunity to discuss their development and be heard while having clear benchmarks set on how they are doing and how to move forward in a positive direction. For individuals to find the process positive and in order to help managers use the system to manage and improve performance they need to be conducted effectively and this needs to stem from management to individual.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This highly customisable in-house training is ideal for managers and leaders interested in developing team members. It is also useful for team members to draw the most value from their development meetings.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants will leave this course equipped to:
- Utilise the required tools and reap the benefits of running effective appraisal systems
- Design and keep track of the maintenance of confidential appraisal meetings
- Set clear objectives
- Develop better communication skills and keep consistency with all staff
- Enhance listening and handle effectiveness issues appropriately
- Create an environment of honest and open communications in meetings
- Demonstrate empathy and inspire and motivate staff to perform better
- Maintain a clear plan on how to improve appraisals and performance management
Training Course Content
The schedule for the course is as follows:
- Welcome, domestics, programme aims and personal objectives
- Understand how to run and the importance of appraisal meetings
- Plan and prepare for effective meetings
- Set clear objectives for your staff to work towards
- Communicate clearly, objectively and without confusion
- Explore additional ways to motivate and drive staff forward
- Deal with difficult people and keep your meetings effective
- Cover additional ways to overcome appraisal challenges you face
- Discuss key learnings and findings for the future
- Have a personal development plan to take away and use for improvement.
Enquire for dates and prices of this in-house course.
Best Foot Forward Training - Personal Effectiveness, Communication, Management and PA/Administrator Courses.
Best Foot Forward Training Ltd specialise in personal development, management skills and business administration training and courses for individuals and organisations across all industry sectors. While founded quite recently in 2010 the trainers involved have a wealth of knowledge and experience....
Find out more about this Running Effective Appraisals and Performance Management In-house Training course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Best Foot Forward Training guarantees that you get a threefold return on investment. How? Top end performers in your team will continue to be committed, staff stay motivated and productive, increasing your bottom line.
Best Foot Forward provides bespoke learning solutions to suit your staﬀ and realise your objectives.