Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Best Practice in Hazardous Chemical and Spill Control - 1-day course
This Best Practice in Hazardous Chemical and Spill Control course provides professionals involved with Extremely Hazardous Sustances (EHS) and emergency response with a greater understanding of the scientific and regulatory aspects of chemical and spill control.
The thorough 1-day programme provides delegates with the knowledge and skills to plan for & respond to incidents in their organisation, enabling them to:
- understand the main chemical-related legal requirements
- appreciate chemicals' hazardous properties & characteristics
- interpret warning symbols
- understand what can happen when chemicals are released from containers
- interpret Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and their use in making emergency documents
- assess the efficiency of their organisation's chemical spill procedures
- evaluate and respond to chemical spillages
A combination of discussions, case studies and problem-based exercises will help participants develop greater confidence in applying their understanding to real life working scenarios.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Best Practice in Hazardous Chemical and Spill Control course is suitable for:
- professionals involved with EHS, regulatory affairs and emergency response
- chemical stores personnel, users, transporters and waste handlers
- laboratory personnel
- members of spillage response teams
Previous chemical knowledge is beneficial, but not essential.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Delegates will receive a complimentary copy of the WLT (World Land Trust) certificate for the offset of their course emissions (as outlined in BioLogic's sustainability policy).
Training Course Content
The course covers the following topics:
- Legislation including the new CLP & REACH Regulations (optional)
- Chemical characteristics & properties
- Health and environmental effects
- Safe Working Levels (SWLs)
- Classification of hazardous chemicals
- Safety Data Sheets (& how to use them)
- Theory of spill response
- Preparation for a spill
- Selection & use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Use of emergency spillage equipment
- Spill response exercise
- Investigation/reporting of spills
- Drafting a spill response plan
For detailed course prices, please enquire below.
This course can also be delivered be delivered in-house, either at your company premises or at a location of your choice. Course content can be customised to meet organisational requirements.
BioLogiQ - Management Systems, Health & Safety, Environment, Sustainability & Social Responsibility Training
Headquartered in the Emerald Isle, BiologiQ is a a specialised provider of up-to-the-minute management system auditing, consultancy and training services. Working with both the private and public sectors, BioLogiQ assists clients in meeting their requirements across a number of key...