The aim of this course is to cover the content of the AQA GCSE Biology course in a way that will increase learners’ understanding of living things and life processes and will encourage scientific thinking.
This course is for learners who are interested in the study of plants, animals and the human body and will cover the Foundation content of GCSE Biology. By the end of the course, learners should be able to:
- Use scientific language with confidence.
- Understand how scientific knowledge has developed over the years, and how scientific evidence is collected and analysed.
- Plan and carry out scientific experiments, record results and draw conclusions from the results.
- Understand the main life processes that enable plants and animals to survive.
- Understand how the various organ systems in the human body work together to keep us healthy.
- Understand what causes disease, and how diseases can be prevented or treated.
- Describe how organisms relate to each other and to the environment.
- Describe the effects of human activities on the environment.
- Understand how characteristics are passed on from generation to generation through DNA when living things reproduce.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is normally delivered over 2 years in schools. Therefore, it is very fast-paced, and learners need to have good English and maths skills in order to take this course. Ideally, learners should have, or be working towards, a level 2 qualification in Maths and English. All learners will be expected to complete an assessment before enrolling on the course. Learners will be expected to do about 4 hours a week of independent study outside of classes.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Birmingham Adult Education Service
At Birmingham Adult Education Service their aim is to make a difference. Offering courses such as English, Math, Health & Social Care and Art, BAES has a vision to become an outstanding provider of community learning and skills. Whether you're...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!