A Platform for Managers - In-house Course
This BiteSize Learning programme is designed to give participants a deeper understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a manager. It will help new or aspiring managers to take that step up and position themselves to take accountability for their teams – to start thinking like a manager.
The course helps participants develop management persona, and strengthens their knowledge of decision making, team development and management communication.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for new or aspiring managers (up to 12 participants per course).
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants will be able to
- Understand the importance of accountability
- Give themselves ‘permission to manage’
- Identify the core ingredients of good management
- Avoid the pitfalls of over supervision and under supervision
- Develop their own core values as a foundation for decision-making
- Identify some quick wins
- Build a personal development strategy
- When managers don’t manage
- An interactive exercise that explores the shortfalls of tentative management and teams experience the immediate benefits of good management practice
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Participants identify strong and aspirational management practice from previous experience and video clips
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Understanding the psychological contract
- Personal Management Blueprint
- Understanding style and personal values and the importance of authenticity
- Identifying personal development areas
- Establishing a management action plan
The cost of this in-house course is £1,200 (+VAT and travel expenses) for up to twelve people. BiteSize Learning courses are discounted if two are delivered in one day, from £1,200 for a single course to £2,160 for two courses in one day.
BiteSize Learning offers a range of short, flexible and cost-effective training sessions, delivered at your workplace to maximise time, impact and organisational success. BiteSize courses have no flannel or fillers, just ready-to-use tools and techniques to enhance individual and team...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this A Platform for Managers course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!