Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
A Platform for Managers - In-house Course
This BiteSize Learning programme is designed to give participants a deeper understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a manager. It will help new or aspiring managers to take that step up and position themselves to take accountability for their teams – to start thinking like a manager.
The course helps participants develop management persona, and strengthens their knowledge of decision making, team development and management communication.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for new or aspiring managers (up to 12 participants per course).
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants will be able to
- Understand the importance of accountability
- Give themselves ‘permission to manage’
- Identify the core ingredients of good management
- Avoid the pitfalls of over supervision and under supervision
- Develop their own core values as a foundation for decision-making
- Identify some quick wins
- Build a personal development strategy
- When managers don’t manage
- An interactive exercise that explores the shortfalls of tentative management and teams experience the immediate benefits of good management practice
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Participants identify strong and aspirational management practice from previous experience and video clips
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Understanding the psychological contract
- Personal Management Blueprint
- Understanding style and personal values and the importance of authenticity
- Identifying personal development areas
- Establishing a management action plan
The cost of this in-house course is £1,200 (+VAT and travel expenses) for up to twelve people. BiteSize Learning courses are discounted if two are delivered in one day, from £1,200 for a single course to £2,160 for two courses in one day.
BiteSize Learning offers a range of short, flexible and cost-effective training sessions, delivered at your workplace to maximise time, impact and organisational success. BiteSize courses have no flannel or fillers, just ready-to-use tools and techniques to enhance individual and team...
Find out more about this A Platform for Managers course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.