Thinking on your Feet - In-house Course
There are times when we all feel we have missed an opportunity, either because we couldn’t think straight, or we couldn’t articulate our ideas in a clear and influential way. This course, for those wishing to interact with others more effectively, helps us to buy thinking time and structure our thoughts. It also focusses on helping us get our point across and articulate more effectively when under pressure.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This programme is suitable for anyone looking for techniques to better think on their feet under pressure.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the elements of barriers to clear thinking and articulation
- Buy precious thinking time and deflect the spotlight until ready
- Know how to structure thoughts quickly to sound more in control of responses
- Articulate more effectively under pressure
- Get attention when we need it so our views are heard
- Establish an action plan that will help build personal success through a series of achievable steps
What is going on?
- What stops us communicating effectively?
- Being present
Buying time and structuring our thoughts
- Tips and techniques for getting precious thinking time
- Ways to remove the spotlight from ourselves until we are ready
- Simple models for structuring your thinking
- Additional business models to help move towards a decision or manage uncertainty
Speaking with impact
- Seeing yourself through another person’s eyes
- Finding a personal solid foundation from which to build
- Overcoming negative beliefs to enter the virtuous circle of self-confidence
- “Taking the mic’” – getting attention when you need it
Dealing with disaster
- Techniques for avoiding becoming flustered under pressure
- Why disasters are rare and rarely disastrous
- Reducing the risk
- Recovery techniques
Personal action plan
The cost of this in-house course is £1,200 (+VAT and travel expenses) for up to twelve people. BiteSize Learning courses are discounted if two are delivered in one day, from £1,200 for a single course to £2,160 for two courses in one day.
BiteSize Learning offers a range of short, flexible and cost-effective training sessions, delivered at your workplace to maximise time, impact and organisational success. BiteSize courses have no flannel or fillers, just ready-to-use tools and techniques to enhance individual and team...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Thinking on your Feet course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!