Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management (ACBTM™)
A 5 day intensive course for Bid and Tender Professionals.
The Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management is designed to provide delegates with a set of highly desirable skills in managing the bid and tender process effectively and accountably.
This comprehensive programme addresses the topic from both the supplier and purchaser perspective, outlining the specific challenges associated with developing working relationships that are not only practical but ethical.
In addition, the course covers the following key topics:
- developing procurement strategies
- probity & accountability
- effective negotiation skills
- anti-corruption safeguards & systems
- avoiding the 'underbidder' and 'race to the bottom'
Delegates will leave the training with the necessary knowledge and skills to bid and tender effectively in a cut and thrust procurement environment, ensuring that every pound spent is accounted for.
The course is fully accredited by Qualifi, an official UK Government recognised awarding body.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management is suitable for a number of professional figures, including:
- Procurement Directors
- Business Owners / Managing Directors
- Supplier Managers
- Supply Chain Consultants
- Buyers / Senior Buyers
- Operations Directors, Operations Managers
- Finance Managers
- Project Managers
- Operations Managers
- Executive Directors
- General Managers
- Divisional Heads
- Project Directors
- Project Engineers
- Project and Team Leaders
- Anyone responsible for or involved in Supplier Relationship Management
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain an accredited Certificate which has been certified, through independent assessment and accreditation, by the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) PAS Standard”.
- Use ACBTM™ on your business card and on your resume.
- The ACBTM™ shows that you have completed international accredited training and that you have the skills & experience to manage & audit procurement effectively.
- The ACBTM™ certificate will be received approximately one month following the close of the training course and will be issued jointly by IFPSM and BMTG (UK) Ltd
Training Course Content
Introduction to bids and tendering
- What makes a good Invitation to Tender (ITT)
- What makes a good Bid?
- Why is it important?
Understanding the procurement cycle
- The procurement lifecycle from A to Z
- It all starts here – identifying the need and writing the specification
- Strategic Sourcing – key to choosing the right supplier
- Contract Management – managing the right contract with the right supplier
- P2P (Purchase to Pay)
Identifying the need and writing the specification
- Needs – not wants
- Baselining – where are we now, and where do we want to be?
- Business alignment and cross-functional working is key
- Involving the stakeholders
- The art of gathering requirements
- What makes a good specification?
Markets, customers and suppliers
- Analysing markets – Porter’s Five Forces and other tools
- How do buyers look at suppliers?
- How do suppliers look at customers?
- Finding the match – the right supplier for the right customer?
The tendering process
- The tendering process from A to Z
- Fairness and transparency – avoiding corruption in all its forms
- Writing the tender documents
- Publishing the opportunity and attracting suppliers
- Handling queries in a fair and open way
- Opening and evaluating the bids
- Awarding the contract – with an emphasis on value
- Giving feedback to the bidders
- E-tendering – how to make it work effectively
Putting together the Invitation to Tender (ITT)
- What’s in a name – ITT, RFP, RFQ and PQQ explained
- Who does what? – good organisation is key to success
- Contents of a good ITT
- Starting with the end in mind – good evaluation criteria
- The difference between selection criteria and award criteria
Understanding the sales cycle
- The sales lifecycle from A to Z
- Identifying opportunities – prospecting
- Approaching the prospect
- Writing and presenting the bid
- Handling objections
- Closing the sale
- Following up
The bidding process
- The bidding process from A to Z
- Identifying opportunities – where to look
- Involving the stakeholders – forming the bid team
- To bid or not to bid – the bid /no-bid decision
- Pricing and cost estimation – the need to make a profit
- Reading and understanding the tender documents
- Writing, reviewing and submitting the bid
- Getting the response
- Challenging the response – if you think there’s a problem
- Getting feedback about your bid
Putting together the bid
- What’s in a name – is this an ITT, or a PQQ, or something else?
- Who does what? – good organisation is key to success
- Contents of a good bid
- Starting with the end in mind – how will my bid be evaluated?
- The critical need to do exactly as the ITT asks
- It’s all about winning!
- Longlisting and shortlisting
- Does the bid read well and make sense?
- Bid evaluation techniques – informal and formal
- Weighting and scoring – keep it simple!
- Looking for value – all the time
- Recommendation and approval
- After contract award comes implementation
- What makes a good contract?
- The contract management lifecycle
- Working together – practical aspects of contract and supplier management
- Managing risk and encouraging innovation
Soft skills for procurement and bid-writing professionals
- Communication skills for bidding and tendering
- Stakeholder management
- Persuasion as a key selling skill
- The art of negotiation
The programme will include a series of group exercises, a personality profile and case studies with a high level of delegate interaction.
ACBTM™ Examination *
* Only those who successfully complete the examination and participate effectively in the course case studies will receive the Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management (ACBTM™)
Delivery Options & Expenses
The ACBTM™ public course is delivered in multiple international locations.
BMTG can also deliver this course in-house anywhere in the world, either directly or via one of their global Partners.
Provider: BMTG (UK) Ltd
BMTG (UK) Ltd - Global Business Training
BMTG (UK) Ltd collaborates with an international network of partners to offer a wide range of Business Management training courses to individuals, corporate delegates and companies worldwide. BMTG's mission is to become the partner of choice for the delivery of...
Request information - obligation free
Contact information for BMTG (UK) Ltd
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management (ACBTM™) course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!