Advanced Certificate in Operational Management (ACOM™)
Advanced Certificate in Operational Management (ACOM™) - 5-day course
The Advanced Certificate in Operational Management addresses the critical issue of operational excellence & delivery in a market that is increasingly demanding and competitive.
The ultimate goal of the 5-day programme is to equip delegates with the skills to promote the delivery of business strategy as well as the maximisation of profit. To this end, the course addresses the key drivers and linkages of operational excellence, including:
- service delivery
- operational performance measurement
- continuous improvement
In short, the course focuses on the crucial elements needed to deliver "Results through People" by ensuring that participants learn to take ownership of the business vision, as well as secure the buy-in and engagement of their staff.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Advanced Certificate in Operational Management is suitable for a number of professional figures, including:
- Non-operational Business Owners / Managing Directors
- Operations Directors
- Operations Managers
- Operations Leads / Supervisors
- Customer Service Heads
- Executive Directors
- General Managers
- Divisional Heads
- Administration Managers
- Project Leaders
- Team Leaders
- Management Consultants
- Anyone responsible for the management or support of operational teams
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Candidates who successfully complete the examination and participate effectively in the course case studies will receive the Advanced Certificate in Operational Management (ACOM™).
Training Course Content
The course is structured as follows:
Aligning Operations to Strategy
- Corporate Vision and Mission
- How operations delivers the strategy
- Cascading objectives
Operational Performance Management
- Measures of operational success
- Other drivers
- Linkage to objective setting
- The Circle of Success
- To budget or not ?
- Principles of budgeting
- Explore direct and in-direct costs
- Use in driving forecasting
- Tracking variances
- Reporting cycles and process
- Beyond budgeting
- Leading v’s managing
- Identifying the difference
- Operational structure and span of control
- Importance of a balanced team
- Personality types and their interaction
- Identification of influencers
- Understanding Trends
- Impact of Productivity
Supply Chain Management
- Key Aspects
- Procurement, price and additional drivers
- Inventory Management
- Measuring and using KPI’s
- Measuring and using SLA’s
- Support of contracts and use for bids
- Health & Safety
- Internal Audit and Compliance
- Root Cause Analysis
- Drive Change
- Monitoring progress
- Positive movement of the “goal posts”
- Behavioural and cultural impact
- Principle of reviews
- Personal Development Plans
- Succession Planning
- Principle of performance related pay
- Staff engagement and communication
- Creating a vision and empowering others to act
- Types of Staff Recognition Schemes
The programme will include a series of group exercises, a personality profile and case studies with a high level of delegate interaction.
Delivery Options & Expenses
The ACOM™ public course is delivered in multiple international locations.
BMTG can also deliver this course in-house anywhere in the world, either directly or via one of their global Partners.
Though 80% of the course material must remain the same in order for the courses to retain their international accreditation, the remaining 20% can be customised to meet client-specific needs.
Provider: BMTG (UK) Ltd
BMTG (UK) Ltd - Global Business Training
BMTG (UK) Ltd collaborates with an international network of partners to offer a wide range of Business Management training courses to individuals, corporate delegates and companies worldwide. BMTG's mission is to become the partner of choice for the delivery of...
Request information - obligation free
Contact information for BMTG (UK) Ltd
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Advanced Certificate in Operational Management (ACOM™) course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!