Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management (ACSCM™)
A 5-day course for to develop world class supply chain skills
Regardless of where your supply chain currently is and where you hope to take it in the future, the Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management: ACSCM™ provides you with the cutting edge knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
The intensive 5-day programme is designed to meet the needs of supply chain professionals in any industry, providing them with the skills to analyse current capabilities and understand how to strategically develop an advanced supply chain. To this end, it explores a range of key areas including:
- Turning a transactional supply chain into a strategic supply chain
- Strategic stakeholder managament
- Maintaining complex supplier relationships
- Project management in advanced supply chains
- Managing developing and strategic supply chains
Delegates will be involved in a series of discussions, practical exercises and case study analyses that will facilitate the development of different skills through peer-assisted education and reflective learning.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management: ACSCM™ is suitable for all professionals who are in some way required to handle supplier relationships, including:
- Procurement Professionals
- Business Owners / Managing Directors
- Supplier Managers
- Supply Chain Consultants
- Buyers / Senior Buyers
- Operations Directors
- Operations Managers
- Finance Managers
- Project Directors and Managers
- Executive Directors
- General Managers
- Project and Team Leaders
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain an accredited Certificate which has been certified, through independent assessment and accreditation, by the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) PAS Standard”.
- Use ACSCM™ on your business card and on your resume.
- The ACSCM™ certificate will be received approximately one month following the close of the training course and will be issued jointly by IFPSM and BMTG (UK) Ltd
Training Course Content
Introduction to a Sophisticated Supply Chain
- What is the definition of a sophisticated Supply Chain?
- What are the main Supply Chain models?
- Case Study: Making the change from transactional to strategic Supply Chain
- Exercise: Assessing where your organisation is really at and where it really wants to be?
The Advanced Supply Chain in an External environment:
- Enterprise Risk Management for Supply Chains
- Supply Chain Modelling and Predictions
- Intelligent Data Mapping and Mining
- The 3 R's of reducing Supply Chain times?
- Segmenting the Supply Chain?
- External Costs and Drivers of a Supply Chain
- Can you achieve operational Excellence and Equity?
- Where do the virtual and literal Supply Chains meet?
- How to make E-Procurement work with Fax Procurement
- Case Study: Omega Watches: Putting a man on the moon
- Exercise: How well do you know your Customer?
The Internal Environment:
- Analysing the internal organisation
- Identifying Strengths, Weaknesses and the unknown challenges to a modern Supply Chain!
- Mathematical Modelling of a Supply Chain's information flows.
- Case Study: UK Supermarkets Milk Buying Processes
- Exercise on what is Logistics Management? How does it differ from Operations or Reputation Management? How do the two contribute towards the 'Supply Chain'?
Developing a Sophisticated Supply Chain
- Dealing with the 11 Ps that Prevent the advancement of a Supply Chain
- Why strategic and not just transactional?
- "But I work in logistics, reputation and image is the marketing team’s job."
- Complex Stakeholder Management
- Introduction to Research Techniques
- Key Techniques to help you devise astrategic approach to a Supply Chain
- Exercise: Before you Jump: Modelling Techniques to test the theory before it becomes a costly reality!
- Ways to gain Board Level Support
- Case Study: The Amazon Way – From Garage to Drone Delivery
Focus on a LEAN High Level Supply Chain
- The role of technology
- Managing and Developing Capacity upto a LEAN standard
- The importance of Communications
- Exercise: Coping with and Communicating Delays / Bad News
- In or Out? – The value of Outsourcing?
- Balancing the Theory and the Real WorldExperiences.
- Case Study Exercise: Is sophistication all about cost? Why does the NHS need its own Logistics Service?
- Exercise: In or Out??? How much does your organisation need to outsource your supply?
Advanced alternative Supply Chain Methods to LEAN
- Just in Time
- Green Supply Chain Management
- 'Legile' (Lean / Agile)
- Case Study: London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 – the importance of 'stress testing'
- Exercise: Group Exercise: Examine and assess the merits and shortfalls of each approach.
- Exercise: Individual Analysis of which approach would work best for your organisation?
Evaluating and Refining a Modern Supply Chain
- Informal and Formal Evaluation Techniques
- Customer Relationship Management or how to put things right, when things go wrong!
- Exercise: Improving a Supply Chain is easy as P.I.E
- How this approach fits in with the broader Corporate Goals?
- Case Study: NHS Logistics Authority
The Value Chain and the Supply Chain: The last step?
- What are the differences between a Value Chain and a Supply Chain?
- How can a Value Chain add value to a Supply Chain?
- How to implement a Value Chain?
- Case Study: The 'Fair Trade' Approach
- Exercise: Are the two complimentary or in conflict with one another or just the logically consistent next step?
Project Management Techniques for Modern Supply Chains
- Prince 2
- Sig Sigma
- Exercise: How can PRINCE 2 help in a Supply Chain context?
- Exercise: How can Six Sigma drive Supply Chain management improvements?
- Case Study: Just in Time Efficiency
Managing Complex Supply Chain Risks
- Identify and Manage the Risks via The ‘4 Rs of Risk’
- Measuring and Prioritising Risks?
- Case Study: The DHL way
- Exercise: Managing Risk in a real world setting
ACSCM™ Assessment *
* Only those who successfully complete the examination and participate effectively in the course case studies will receive the Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management (ACSCM™)
* Only those who successfully complete the examination and participate effectively in the course case studies will receive the Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management.
Delivery Options & Expenses
The ACSCM™ public course is delivered in multiple international locations.
BMTG can also deliver this course in-house anywhere in the world, either directly or via one of their global Partners.
Provider: BMTG (UK) Ltd
BMTG (UK) Ltd - Global Business Training
BMTG (UK) Ltd collaborates with an international network of partners to offer a wide range of Business Management training courses to individuals, corporate delegates and companies worldwide. BMTG's mission is to become the partner of choice for the delivery of...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management (ACSCM™) course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.