Advanced Strategic HR Management
Advanced Strategic HR Management - 1 week Course
It is often said that an organisation's people are its biggest asset, and this Advanced Strategic HR Management course is designed to give you the tools needed to approach and manage this precious resource in a way that maximises business performance.
The 1 week programme revolves around Human Resources Management (HRM) issues and how these should be integrated with corporate planning in a strategic fashion, implementing and revising personnel policies to maintain a happy, productive workforce. Providing the opportunity to to explore new ideas in a practical way, the course aims to equip delegates with new insights and skills in a range of areas including:
- The principles and definitions of HRM
- Developing selection and performance appraisal processes
- Implementing a training strategy that integrates with corporate performance
- How to adapt and "sell" performance management tools to produce success for all staff
- Communication and inter-personal skills
- Dealing with conflict and using incentives to improve performance
By the end of the course, delegates will have a deeper understanding of how they can adapt the HR function to meet the needs of their organisation and workforce.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Advanced Strategic HR Management course is suitable for middle to senior level HR professionals who would like to deepen their understanding of the impact that the HR function can have on an organisation.
It is also recommended for senior functional executives who are involved in the design and development of HR strategies, or are interested in exploring HR issues in a practical way.
Both private and public sector delegates are welcome.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
Strategic Human Resource Planning
- How HR can be more strategic in an organisation
- Different strategic tools and their application
Building Ethical Organisations
- How to create a transparent and ethical culture
- The impact of external and internal factors on change
- Understand the organisations strengths and weaknesses regarding Recruitment and Selection and external elements that affect effective recruitment
- Understand the impact of a best practice approach
- Avoid common management pitfalls
- Plan effectively prior to the interview
- Attract the right candidates using best practice techniques
- Plan the interview process to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Outline the importance of your communication skills
- Work within the legal framework
- Develop your own questioning techniques
- Structure the interview, including delivering meaningful feedback
- The use of Psychometric Assessment
Improving Motivation and Job Satisfaction
- Maximising your human capital
- Performance appraisal objectives
- Alternative appraisal methodologies
- Effective and ineffective appraisals
- understanding the various models
Effective Communication Skills
- Essential Listening and questioning techniques
- Maximising good use of Body Language to positively influence
Diversity Issues for HR Professionals
- Influencing across cultural differences and global business relationships
Identification and Analysis of Training Needs
- Training and development strategy
- Analysis of training needs
- Cost-effective training delivery
- Skills transfer to the work-place
The cost of this 1-week course is £3,190 + VAT.
BOC offers off-the-shelf, customised and bespoke training solutions for organisations looking to bring their training in-house.
Provider: BOC - Global Events & Training Group
BOC - Global Events & Training Group: Training for Ambitious Professionals Worldwide
Based in London, BOC is an international event organiser and corporate training provider dedicated to helping organisations carve out the market space or "blue ocean" they need to overcome the competition and reach their goals. With a commitment to a...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Advanced Strategic HR Management course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Now running for the 8th year, the much anticipated Annual Reinventing HR Summit, will be held in London,4-6 December 2019.
We passionately believe that it is the HR Leaders who have a key role to play in building strong, welcoming communities in a work place, being superlative coaches, brand builders and behavioural change experts.
However, as a senior HR it is often difficult to find time to reflect and refresh our practice, Day to day demands can mean that we just don’t have the chance to spend time with our peers and share our challenges and hopes. The Reinventing HR Summit is designed to provide a pause when we can think and regroup.
We will be discussing how we are likely to be affected by trends such as changing workforce demographics, the equalities agenda, sustainability and the continuing development of technology.
The event will include a mix of short presentations and discussion and be supplemented by time for personal mindful contemplation. It should best suit senior level, experienced HRs who can benefit from new perspectives on the role.