Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Strategic HR Management
Advanced Strategic HR Management - 1 week Course
It is often said that an organisation's people are its biggest asset, and this Advanced Strategic HR Management course is designed to give you the tools needed to approach and manage this precious resource in a way that maximises business performance.
The 1 week programme revolves around Human Resources Management (HRM) issues and how these should be integrated with corporate planning in a strategic fashion, implementing and revising personnel policies to maintain a happy, productive workforce. Providing the opportunity to to explore new ideas in a practical way, the course aims to equip delegates with new insights and skills in a range of areas including:
- The principles and definitions of HRM
- Developing selection and performance appraisal processes
- Implementing a training strategy that integrates with corporate performance
- How to adapt and "sell" performance management tools to produce success for all staff
- Communication and inter-personal skills
- Dealing with conflict and using incentives to improve performance
By the end of the course, delegates will have a deeper understanding of how they can adapt the HR function to meet the needs of their organisation and workforce.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Advanced Strategic HR Management course is suitable for middle to senior level HR professionals who would like to deepen their understanding of the impact that the HR function can have on an organisation.
It is also recommended for senior functional executives who are involved in the design and development of HR strategies, or are interested in exploring HR issues in a practical way.
Both private and public sector delegates are welcome.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
Strategic Human Resource Planning
- How HR can be more strategic in an organisation
- Different strategic tools and their application
Building Ethical Organisations
- How to create a transparent and ethical culture
- The impact of external and internal factors on change
- Understand the organisations strengths and weaknesses regarding Recruitment and Selection and external elements that affect effective recruitment
- Understand the impact of a best practice approach
- Avoid common management pitfalls
- Plan effectively prior to the interview
- Attract the right candidates using best practice techniques
- Plan the interview process to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Outline the importance of your communication skills
- Work within the legal framework
- Develop your own questioning techniques
- Structure the interview, including delivering meaningful feedback
- The use of Psychometric Assessment
Improving Motivation and Job Satisfaction
- Maximising your human capital
- Performance appraisal objectives
- Alternative appraisal methodologies
- Effective and ineffective appraisals
- understanding the various models
Effective Communication Skills
- Essential Listening and questioning techniques
- Maximising good use of Body Language to positively influence
Diversity Issues for HR Professionals
- Influencing across cultural differences and global business relationships
Identification and Analysis of Training Needs
- Training and development strategy
- Analysis of training needs
- Cost-effective training delivery
- Skills transfer to the work-place
The cost of this 1-week course is £2,990 + VAT.
BOC offers off-the-shelf, customised and bespoke training solutions for organisations looking to bring their training in-house.
Provider: BOC - Global Events & Training Group
BOC - Global Events & Training Group: Training for Ambitious Professionals Worldwide
Based in London, BOC is an international event organiser and corporate training provider dedicated to helping organisations carve out the market space or "blue ocean" they need to overcome the competition and reach their goals. With a commitment to a...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Advanced Strategic HR Management course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.