Identification and Analysis of Training NeedsBOC - Global Events & Training Group
Identification and Analysis of Training Needs
Identification and Analysis of Training Needs - 1 day Course
This course from BOC is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills that are needed to perform a training needs analysis. The one day course will cover topics such as how to make recommendations and to implement findings which will ensure a good return on investment in training.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Use appropriate methods to identify training needs
- Analyze and sort the data as a result of a Training Needs Assessment
- Define the various evaluation levels and write Instructional Learning Objectives targeting each level
- Select appropriate data collection methods/instruments for each of the evaluation levels
- List ways to improve transfer of skills from the workshop to the workplace
- Calculate training programs costs and calculate their Return On Investment (ROI)
Suitability - Who should attend?
Identification and Analysis of Training Needs training course participants would include; training directors and managers, as well as training and development specialists and coordinators. This course would also be relevant to the likes of; needs assessment analysts, instructional designers, evaluators of training programs, and individuals in a leadership and support role for the training function will also benefit from this programme.
Training Course Content
Training Needs Identification
- Identifying training needs in a business-driven context
- Linking to corporate vision, strategy and organisational objectives
- Recognising training needs revealed by business performance shortfall
A Systematic Model
- Understanding the stages of the systematic training needs analysis model;
- Logical sequencing
- Identifying residual, present and future training needs
Collection and Analysis of Information
- Collecting information about knowledge and skills requirements for specific job competencies
- Sources of information
- Using and adapting survey instruments, questionnaires, interviews, observation
- Appropriate training interventions
- Producing the initial action plan
- Determining priorities
- Identifying ‘achievement windows’
- Defining costs, success criteria and benefits
- Structuring written reports and presentations on training needs and priorities
- Writing behavioural objectives
- Using persuasive techniques and follow-up activities to support recommendations
The cost of this course is £560 plus VAT per participant.
Provider: BOC - Global Events & Training Group
BOC - Global Events & Training Group: Training for Ambitious Professionals Worldwide
Based in London, BOC is an international event organiser and corporate training provider dedicated to helping organisations carve out the market space or "blue ocean" they need to overcome the competition and reach their goals. With a commitment to a...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Identification and Analysis of Training Needs course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Now running for the 8th year, the much anticipated Annual Reinventing HR Summit, will be held in London,4-6 December 2019.
We passionately believe that it is the HR Leaders who have a key role to play in building strong, welcoming communities in a work place, being superlative coaches, brand builders and behavioural change experts.
However, as a senior HR it is often difficult to find time to reflect and refresh our practice, Day to day demands can mean that we just don’t have the chance to spend time with our peers and share our challenges and hopes. The Reinventing HR Summit is designed to provide a pause when we can think and regroup.
We will be discussing how we are likely to be affected by trends such as changing workforce demographics, the equalities agenda, sustainability and the continuing development of technology.
The event will include a mix of short presentations and discussion and be supplemented by time for personal mindful contemplation. It should best suit senior level, experienced HRs who can benefit from new perspectives on the role.