CFO of the Future 3 – Cost & Profitability Analysis will help you to see beyond budgets and accounting statements to find where the deep cost reduction and profit-making opportunities are. This involves learning new practices and techniques, including ‘lean practice’ and ‘process mapping’ as well as the power of ‘transparent information’.
Spread out over the year, these workshops will bring you up to speed with all the latest tools, techniques and best practices and enable you to drive positive growth and change inside your organisation. Based on many insights into how the best CFO’s have improved their finance operations, the series provides the opportunity for you to take a career step-change in knowledge and performance.
Who is this for?
The CFO of the Future workshops are aimed at existing and aspiring CFOs (including finance directors/controllers/managers, strategic/business planners, mid-level finance staff and anyone responsible for improving the finance and planning operations) who want to improve their knowledge and performance. They are applicable to both the private and public sectors.
What will you learn?
- How to learn from ‘lean’ practices (including value stream costing, target costing and lean accounting)
- How to use process maps and cost drivers to identify and eliminate non-value costs
- How to use lean practices in both manufacturing and service organisations
- How to identify strategic and profitable products and customers (and deal with those that aren’t)
- How to reduce expenses (such as travel, marketing, IT, etc.) using various techniques and practices including bench marking, shared services centres, internal markets, outsourcing and peer scrutiny
- Case examples are drawn from a wide range of organisations
Other related courses
CFO of the Future 1 - Finance Leadership
CFO of the Future 2 - Strategic Management
CFO of the Future 4 - Flexible Planning & Rolling Forecasts
CFO of the Future 5 - Best Practice Measurement & Reporting
Book the series or choose individual workshops – it could be the defining moment in your career.
Upcoming start dates
12 March, 2024
- Self-Paced Online
9 October, 2024
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Training Course Content
Course delivery details
- Location Name: Online Live
- Learning Mode: Blended