Cyber Security Technologist Level 4 Apprenticeship
Cyber security technologists play a key role in protecting your organisation’s systems and people. This is through knowledge and an understanding of cyber threats, hazards, risks, controls, measures and mitigations. This programme will help your security professionals to resolve potential or current vulnerabilities, create security objectives and strengthen your company’s cyber culture.
With the UK government identifying a lack of cyber skills among the country’s most significant vulnerabilities, the Cyber Security Technologist Apprenticeship enables your business to understand the types of threats involved. It can help your organisation prevent and protect against future threats posed against your company’s digital infrastructure. With a proactive approach to resolving potential or current vulnerabilities, this programme will help your employees create security objectives and case studies while strengthening your internal cyber culture.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Set by individual employers, but must include one of the following:
- A minimum of five GCSEs grade A – C (9 – 4 on the new grading system), AND
- A Level 3 qualification achieved by one of the following: A levels, NVQ/SVQ Level 3, or a BTEC National
Applicants must be employed in a relevant role to apply.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What will your employees learn?
- The ability to quantify risk and understand likelihood vs relative impact
- The different vulnerabilities commonly found in networks and systems
- What are blended techniques such as Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs)
- The “Insider Threat” and the role of human behaviour
- Understanding the threat landscape and future trends Understanding zero-day attacks and keeping your software environment healthy
- Understanding security architecture
- Devising a cyber security business case
- Understanding network data and protocols as well as routing and network performance
- How to build and secure a network consisting of hardware and software components
- Implementing cryptography to help secure data, systems and networks
- Understanding key management and key life cycle when deploying cryptography in your organisation
Skills and Behaviours
- The ability to collect and analyse information to problem-solve and informs decisions. This ensures future effectiveness and prevents issue recurrence. Developing a workforce of analytical minds and problem solvers who understand the root cause and supplement their technical knowledge with a systematic process to tackle problems
- To approach problem solving and decision making with logical thinking and creativity
- Work independently and taking responsibility. Employees will develop a broad skill set to become self-aware, self-motivated and have the ability to self-regulate to ensure organisational goals are met
- Ability to build trusted and sustainable relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders by displaying empathy and sharing knowledge and experience
- To become a proactive self-starter who demonstrates initiative and acts on spotting new opportunities
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness through consistently applying a thorough and organised approach to every task at hand
- Ability to communicate effectively and adapt in a variety of situations such as when faced with challenges of change
- Maintain productive, professional and secure working environment.
Training Course Content
- Induction : Digital Behaviours
- Module 1 : Cyber Security Introduction
- Module 2 : Risk Assessment and Intrusion Analyst
- Module 3 : Network and Digital Communication and Encryption
- Module 4 : Gov, Org, Law, Regulation and Standards
- Final Phase : End Point Assessment
Course delivery details
- All BPP technology programmes are available online live, providing ultimate flexibility and efficiency for your business
- There are five modules delivered via weekly live lectures using our award-winning Adobe Connect classroom (sessions are also available on-demand and last between 1.5 and 3 hours)
- E-learning content that includes video lectures, digital reading and case studies delivered on the BPP learning platform
- Monthly one-to-one meetings with their dedicated Coach
- Quarterly online coaching clinics which offer the opportunity for employees to ask questions, hear from technical experts and share ideas amongst their peer group on how to tackle their portfolio
- Learners are required to demonstrate the ongoing application of skills to their job role and build a portfolio of evidence that supports their professional development throughout the duration of the programme
This programme is beneficial to employees in roles including:
- Cyber Operations Manager
- Security Architect
- Penetration Tester
- Security Analyst
- Risk Analyst
- Intelligence Researcher
- Security Sales Engineer
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Information Security Analyst
- Governance & Compliance Analyst
- Information Security Assurance & Threat Analyst
- Forensics & Incident Response Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Information Security Auditor
- Security Administrator
- Information Security Officer
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
BPP Professional Education - Accountancy, Tax, Financial Services, Law & Insolvency Courses
BPP Professional Education is one of the specialist examination-based and professional development training arm of the BPP Group, Europe's biggest professional education and publishing provider with 2,000 staff members across 40 countries and over 30,000 students per year. BPP Professional Education...
Find out more about this Cyber Security Technologist Level 4 Apprenticeship course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.