Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Drafting Legal Documents
This introductory level course will teach participants how to effectively draft legal documents.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This session is ideal for lawyers up to 5 years’ PQE
Training Course Content
During this course, participants will learn:
- Introduction – tutor presentation with refresher on rules of contractual interpretation
- Group discussion – literal interpretation versus the inquisitorial approach – the judgment in Chartbrook v Persimmon Homes and how ambiguity can lead to negligence claims
- Introductory exercises on restricting sentence length and using tabulation
- Group exercise – deconstructing a contract clause consisting of one sentence and redrafting it into separate sentences, avoiding subjective words and using defined terms
- Further drafting exercises – delegates read through a series of mixed clauses (corporate, real estate, miscellaneous commercial contracts) and choose the most relevant one to redraft onto flipcharts; group critique of their redrafted work
- Evaluation and questions
The cost of this course is £275 + VAT
BPP Professional Education - Accountancy, Tax, Financial Services, Law & Insolvency Courses
BPP Professional Education is one of the specialist examination-based and professional development training arm of the BPP Group, Europe's biggest professional education and publishing provider with 2,000 staff members across 40 countries and over 30,000 students per year. BPP Professional Education...
Find out more about this Drafting Legal Documents course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.