Finance Fundamentals 1 - Introduction to Finance & Accounting
Lawyers will often have to deal with the financial statements of their clients. They may be dealing with purchases of businesses, valuations or completion statements. An understanding of basic accounting terminology is essential in maintaining credibility and helping to advise clients. Often those working closely with finance professionals feel exposed and not confident in discussing matters of accounting. Whilst much can be picked up “on the job”, this can often lead to significant misunderstandings. This course is designed for legal professionals who require an introduction to the world of finance and accounting or who require a quick refresher of basic concepts. It will help break down some of the terminology barriers and explain the purpose and meaning of the different financial statements and challenge preconceptions that delegates may have.
We have often found that many delegates struggle with the fundamentals of finance and consider this course an essential starting point. The course is highly practical with several case studies and exercises to bring the theory to life.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course will benefit all lawyers - whatever their field and number of years PQE.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Understand financial terminology and have increased confidence when using it
- Understand the different types of corporate structure, from sole traders, partnerships through to Listed PLC’s
- Understanding the different types of accounts
- Understand the different financial statements and be able to read them with more confidence
- Balance Sheet,
- Profit and Loss Account and
- Cash flow statement
- Appreciate the sources of regulation for accounting
- Understand working capital, its definition and impact on a business
- Have a thorough understanding of the difference between profit and cash
BPP Professional Education - Accountancy, Tax, Financial Services, Law & Insolvency Courses
BPP Professional Education is one of the specialist examination-based and professional development training arm of the BPP Group, Europe's biggest professional education and publishing provider with 2,000 staff members across 40 countries and over 30,000 students per year. BPP Professional Education...
Find out more about this Finance Fundamentals 1 - Introduction to Finance & Accounting course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!