Insurance Accounting For Underwriters
This one-day classroom training event has been developed for insurance underwriters who need a better understanding of the financial reporting of their business activities. Basic accounting principles are covered initially followed by the accounting for insurance activities.
Training Course Content
The training day will include a mix of instructor presentation, group discussion and interactive exercises to reinforce the key learning points:
Basic accounting principles and financial statement mechanics
- Cash flow statement
- Income statement
- Statement of financial position (balance sheet)
- Links and integration of the statements
- Accruals concept
- Simple statement construction exercise
Insurance accounting; accounting for underwriting business
- Terminology (GAAP vs Lloyd’s)
- Written premium
- Reinsurance premium
- Earned premium
- Written vs earned (reconciliation)
- Practical earnings exercise
- Practical issues
Investments and other topics
- Balance sheet investments
- Accounting for investment returns
- Investment strategy
- Other income statement expenses
Financial assessment; KPIs and industry benchmarking
- Loss ratio, expense ratio, combined ratio
- Investment return
- Return on equity
- Other key ratios, calculation and interpretation
BPP Professional Education - Accountancy, Tax, Financial Services, Law & Insolvency Courses
BPP Professional Education is one of the specialist examination-based and professional development training arm of the BPP Group, Europe's biggest professional education and publishing provider with 2,000 staff members across 40 countries and over 30,000 students per year. BPP Professional Education...
Find out more about this Insurance Accounting For Underwriters course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!