Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Introduction to Corporate Governance
This one-day course will introduce participants to the following aspects of corporate governance:
- What is corporate governance in the UK?
- A review of the development of corporate governance
- An introduction to the statutory provisions and codes
- How the corporate governance framework works within the UK
- Role of the board – responsibilities/scope and strategy of different types of
- directors, chairman and CEO
- Understanding the role of the Board Committees
- Shareholders and stakeholders –reviewing Internal and External Management
- How Corporate Social Responsibility plays a role within a company
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed specifically for those with no prior or limited knowledge of corporate governance. Of interest to:
- company secretaries
- compliance officers
- other professionals, who need an overview of UK corporate governance
Training Course Content
Learning outcomes include obtaining a greater understanding of:
- The development of corporate governance in the UK from its origins to the present day
- The UK approach to governance along with the “comply or explain” approach and how this is used in everyday business.
- An approach to use to examine your own organisations governance and ideas how this could be improved
- The definitions and the differences between good and bad governance practice.
The cost of this course is £599 + VAT
BPP Professional Education - Accountancy, Tax, Financial Services, Law & Insolvency Courses
BPP Professional Education is one of the specialist examination-based and professional development training arm of the BPP Group, Europe's biggest professional education and publishing provider with 2,000 staff members across 40 countries and over 30,000 students per year. BPP Professional Education...
Find out more about this Introduction to Corporate Governance course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.