Management Accountant to Finance Director - Module 4: Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating Skills
You will often have decision making powers for the procurement of various goods and services from outside suppliers and will have to negotiate the optimum deal for your organisation. In addition there are many situations when senior finance executives have to negotiate with internal stakeholders, not least in the budget process. Increasingly finance leaders are the public face of the organisation and so influencing, persuading and negotiating skills are essential for relationship building whether it be with media, auditors, banks, funding regulators or customers.
Suitability - Who should attend?
These workshops are aimed at individuals recently appointed to, or aspiring to, senior positions such as financial controller or director where interpersonal and communication skills are expected from the board and other senior executives. They are applicable to both the private and public sector.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- understand the fundamentals of negotiation in situations such as procurement, budgeting and contracts
- negotiate more comfortably in a one-to-one negotiation
- understand the negotiation process and leverage it to achieve your desired negotiation outcomes
- develop effective interpersonal and communication skills to support your negotiation techniques
- understand negotiation theories and recognise the patterns that accompany them
- plan and participate in team negotiations
- recognise difficult negotiators and have strategies for dealing with them effectively
- action planning and self evaluation
BPP Professional Education - Accountancy, Tax, Financial Services, Law & Insolvency Courses
BPP Professional Education is one of the specialist examination-based and professional development training arm of the BPP Group, Europe's biggest professional education and publishing provider with 2,000 staff members across 40 countries and over 30,000 students per year. BPP Professional Education...
Find out more about this Management Accountant to Finance Director - Module 4: Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating Skills course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!