International Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health
The most popular international health and safety qualification which is essential for anyone wanting a successful career in health and safety.
Our IGC course focuses on practical health and safety management that can be applied in your workplace and intensive examination preparation.
Our pass rates are consistently above average, which means you have a greater chance of passing first time round.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Enquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Suitability - Who should attend?
This qualification is designed for anyone (managers, supervisors and workers) in any type of organisation. It’s ideal for anyone who needs a broad understanding of health and safety issues to be able to manage day-to-day risks effectively. Many people take the International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (IGC) as a first step in a career in health and safety. It gives a valuable overview, and is a sound basis for further professional study
Recommended minimum standards of English: Equivalent to an International English Language Testing System score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate meets the academic requirements for:
- Technical membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (Tech IOSH).
- Associate membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (AIIRSM).
Training Course Content
The qualification comprises two units:
Unit IG1: Management of health and safety
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2: Risk assessment
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
- IG1: Open book examination (approximately 4 hours within a 24-hour window)
- IG2: Workplace-based risk assessment task
Course delivery details
The structured online programme includes interactive e-learning sessions, a downloadable study text, revision exercises and practice questions.
Students can join remotely and learn ‘live’ with a tutor just as they would in a classroom.
- Online: £470.25 excl. VAT
- Live Online: £1,980 excl. VAT
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is sought-after by employers.
Gaining this qualification will boost your career prospects.
Holders of the International General Certificate can also apply for technical membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (Tech IOSH) Many students then progress to an International Diploma (Grad IOSH) and from there to chartered status (CMIOSH).
British Safety Council
The British Safety Council has been working for over 60 years in the pursuit of one fundamental goal: to make sure no one is injured or made ill through their work. As a charitable organisation that operates exclusively for the...