IOSH Managing Safely
Give managers and supervisors the knowledge and skills they need to manage health and safety within their teams.
Upon successful completion of the course and assessment, students are awarded a Managing Safely certificate from IOSH – the world’s largest health and safety membership organisation.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Enquire for more information
- In Company
Suitability - Who should attend?
The qualification is suitable for team leaders, supervisors and managers looking to gain the knowledge and tools to effectively manage their teams' health and safety.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to manage health and safety within your team
- Be awarded a Managing Safely certificate from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), the world’s largest health and safety membership organisation
- This certificate offers a distinct advantage to anyone holding or seeking a managerial or supervisory position.
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the key reasons to manage health and safety in the workplace
- Define the key terms relating to health and safety
- Identify how the law can have an impact on health and safety in the workplace
- Describe how to assess, reduce and control risk in the workplace
- Identify workplace hazards and risks, assess their impact and how to manage them
- Identify how to evaluate and respond to an incident
- List the characteristics and benefits of an effective health and safety management system
- Describe the principles that underpin good health and safety performance.
Training Course Content
The course is arranged into seven modules
- Introducing managing safely
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Identifying hazards
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance.
Course delivery details
The structured online programme includes interactive exercises, audio narration throughout, videos, a 3D hazard spotting exercise, downloadable study text and practice assessments. You have one year to complete the course and assessments.
Students join via the web using a PC, laptop or tablet. The course is run using Zoom, but students don’t need to download any software. Throughout the course, students can see and interact with the tutor and with each other.
The examination and workplace-based assignment are taken online.
At a training centre
The three-day course is delivered in a well-equipped training centre. Students are immersed in a realistic workplace scenario and are faced with a series of team challenges. The student-centred nature of the exercise allows learners to draw on existing knowledge and instincts. The tutor acts as facilitator and adviser, rather than ‘lecturer’.
Average rating 5
Great training course, gives overall view on risks and hazards supported with great examples to ease understanding. Full of interactive sessions and exchanging information and k...
The location and facilities were excellent. It was well organised and attending the training centre also meant I could concentrate on the course as opposed to being distracted b...
The BSC diploma has unlocked many potentials and prospects for myself. It has allowed me to apply for more senior appointments and provided me with a greater confidence about th...
- Online: £250.00 excl. VAT
- Live Online: £445.00 excl. VAT
Please contact the provider for more information about pricing.
British Safety Council
The British Safety Council has been working for over 60 years in the pursuit of one fundamental goal: to make sure no one is injured or made ill through their work. As a charitable organisation that operates exclusively for the...