NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health - 6 weeks
The NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health is an internationally-renowned qualification designed to give managers and practitioners the advanced health & safety management skills needed to succeed in international environments.
This intensive 6-week programme is suitable for experienced professionals looking to improve their knowledge and skills in:
- risk management & occupational health
- promoting a positive health & safety culture
- international laws & frameworks regarding health & safety
- presenting a business case for H&S investment
- securing commitment to H&S from senior management
By the end of the training and assessments, participants will have developed the competence and confidence needed to progress in their health & safety careers.
The British Safety Council also offers a distance learning version of this course for delegates who are unable to attend the public course.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The NEBOSH International Diploma Occupational Safety & Health is suitable for international health & safety managers and practitioners with specific responsibility for health and safety in the workplace.
Delegtaes should have a certificate-level qualification and/or experience in an appropriate health & safety role.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Candidates who are successful in the assessments will be awarded a certificate from the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) – a nationally recognised and respected industry body.
Training Course Content
The course is structured as follows:
Unit 1: Principles of health and safety management
- The need for managing health and safety at work
- The influence of international agencies and standards on health and safety at work
- Developing and implementing a health and safety management system
- Identifying and evaluating hazards and risks associated with workplace activities
- Developing and implementing control strategies for managing health and safety risks at work
- Reporting and investigating health and safety incidents at work
- Reducing the impact of workplace activities on the environment.
Unit 2: Safeguarding people’s health in the workplace
- Occupational health strategy integration with an effective health and safety management system
- The effect of occupational health hazards on people
- Managing the health of vulnerable persons in the workplace
- Identifying and evaluating occupational health hazards and risks
- Developing and implementing control strategies for managing occupational health risks.
Unit 3: Promoting a positive health and safety culture in the workplace
- The importance of a positive health and safety culture within an organisation
- Assessing the existing health and safety culture of an organisation
- Understanding the factors that influence staff behaviour
- Improving the health and safety culture of an organisation
- Developing and presenting a business case for improving the health and safety culture of an organisation.
- Unit 1: written examination only
- Unit 2: written examination and practical assignment
- Unit 3: practical assignment only
The cost of this course is:
- London venue: £6,600 + VAT
Train at your workplace
The British Safety Council can also visit your organisation and deliver bespoke training on site, tailored to your needs and any business-specific issues you face.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Watch this video to find out how the health & safety training courses offered by the British Safety Council will help you and your company make your workplace safer.
British Safety Council - health and safety courses and qualifications to achieve your health and safety business goals.
The British Safety Council has been working since the 1950s in the pursuit of one fundamental goal: to make the British workplace safer. As a charitable organisation that operates exclusively for the public benefit, their activities are based on the...
Find out more about this NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!