Understanding Part L & F of the Building Regulations
Part L of the Building Regulations covers "Conservation of Fuel and Power". It applies to new buildings and certain types of work in existing buildings, and exists to enforce minimum standards of energy efficiency. Part F covers "Means of Ventilation" and is in place to maintain good standards of indoor air quality.
Part L is upgraded more frequently than any other part of the Building Regulations. This course covers the 2010 Part L and the 2013 version that came into force on 6th April 2014.
This course also covers related topics such as energy performance certificates, air conditioning inspections and BREEAM energy points.
Understanding Part L and Part F will provide:
- A basic understanding of Building Regulations
- An appreciation of how Parts L and F apply to different types of building work
- An understanding of what needs to be done to get building work to comply with Parts L and F
- An understanding of the differences between the 2006, 2010 and 2013 Regulations and Approved Documents
- An overview of likely future changes, particularly those proposed for 2016 and 2019
- An understanding of Energy Performance Certificates, Display Energy Certificates, Air Conditioning Inspections and BREEAM Energy points
- An awareness of other sources of information
Target Audience and Admission Requirements
This course is designed for professionals in the building industry: Building owners, facilities managers, designers, building control assessors and equipment manufacturers.
Course price: £385.00 (£305.00 for Members)
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Our mission is to make buildings better, and we support industry in designing and operating buildings that perform well economically, socially, and environmentally. We do this through providing independent testing of products and buildings throughout the construction industry; the sale,...
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews.
Find out more about this Building Regulations: Understanding Part L and Part F course - simply fill out your details:
Corporate Training for Teams