Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
ISO 14001 Lead AuditorBywater
ISO 14001 Lead Auditor
IEMA Certified ISO 14001 Lead EMS Auditor Course - 5-Day Training Course
This is a five-day course certified by the UK Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA). Bywater's training is a recognised qualification for environmental management systems (EMS) auditors demonstrating competence in lead EMS auditing.
Bywater's intensive, challenging and highly interactive and practical course is designed to develop delegates’ skills to conduct Environmental Management System (EMS) audits, in order for them to:
- Understand the business benefits of an EMS
- Begin implementing a management system based on ISO 14001
- Consider how ISO 14001 can be integrated into existing management systems
- Achieve a qualification that will contribute to the requirements to register as an IEMA Environmental Lead Auditor.
The IEMA Certified ISO 14001 Lead EMS Auditor Course will equip delegates with an in-depth knowledge of the requirements and principles of ISO 14001 and EMAR, providing them with the understanding and skills necessary to professionally audit an EMS.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Bywater's ISO 14001 Lead EMS Auditor course will be valuable for:
- Those responsible for obtaining 3rd party EMS certification to ISO 14001/EMAS
- Auditors who want to audit environmental management systems and need to show professional competence in this subject, e.g. Quality and H&S Managers, Consultants.
- Senior company managers who will have to understand the outcome of EMS audits.
- Those new to auditing wishing to develop skills in EMS auditing.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Key Skills / Learning Objectives:
Through the combination of interactive tutorials, practical workshops, photo site tour, case studies and simulated audits, this ISO 14001 Lead EMS Auditor Course will enable the delegates to:
- Apply the requirements and principles of ISO 14001 to the specific processes and needs of their company as well as those of their suppliers.
- Assess compliance of an organisation to meet their company’s own internal or external (eg. Certification Body) requirements.
- Plan, develop and implement an internal audit process appropriate to their organisation and which supports its environmental policy.
- Conduct audits to professional criteria with confidence, gathering objective evidence through observation, interviewing, document trails to provide factual audit reports that will facilitate improvements to the EMS.
- Achieve the formal training requirements to allow progression to becoming an IEMA Registered Lead Auditor.
We incorporate a unique 'slide photo tour' allowing delegates to visualise and identify site issues, providing an element of 'real life' auditing and observation in the class-room environment.
Practical workshops are designed to reinforce the discussions and topics, building on skills of audit planning and structure, nonconformity writing, conducting audit interviews, evaluating findings and reporting results back to Senior Management. Evening work groups prepare responses to case study situations.
Please be aware that there is an examination on the last day.
On completion of this IEMA Certified ISO 14001 EMS Lead Auditor Course, a certificate will be issued which contributes to the requirements to register as an IEMA Environmental Lead Auditor specialising in EMS assessments.
Training Course Content
An overview of key elements covered in this
- The EMS Standards such as ISO 14001, Eco-Management and Audit Regulation - EMAR, etc.
- Review of environmental legislation and codes of practice
- Identification of Environmental aspects and impacts as well as risk evaluation
- Audit planning - Use of checklists
- Audit interviewing and subsequent evaluation of information
- Observation - objective evidence
- Evaluating the significance of Nonconformities
- Corrective actions
- Effective follow-up programmes to deliver improvement
- Certification and accreditation
The price includes course materials, lunch, refreshments and certificate.
Bywater also offer the option to be a residential delegate, enabling you to stay at the training venue and reduce your travel time. If you are interested in this please contact Bywater on 0333 123 9001.
This course can also be run in-house and tailored to your organisation's requirements.
In-House Training - Making an Informed Decision
Training that is delivered in-house at your organisation can be a more cost-effective training solution and reduces travel costs. Bywater can tailor the training to match your own processes or requirements according to the knowledge level of your staff.
If you would like to discuss In-house training or if you would like a quote please contact 0333 123 9001.
Providing Approved Auditor & Management Systems Training & Consultancy
Bywater is one of the largest independent providers of CQI and IRCA / IEMA approved Auditor and Management Systems training in Europe. Bywater specialise in the improvement of business performance, supported by appropriate management systems, through provision of auditor training, consultancy and business...