AutoCAD Beyond the Basics | 2D - 2-day intermediate training course
This AutoCAD Beyond the Basics | 2D course is an intermediate level programme that will enable AutoCAD users to move into more productive CAD work.
Run over two days, the training is designed to help delegates dramatically enhance their efficiency by developing competence in:
- Using advanced AutoCAD commands
- Working with block attributes to manage drawing data
- Using advaced text & table tools to automate drawing annotation
- Using layer tools for improved standardisation & navigation
- Advanced plotting techniques
Delegates will build on the knowledge gained in the Level 1 course to take their 2D CAD drawings to the next level.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This AutoCAD Level 2 | 2D Intermediate course is suitable for users with some AutoCAD experience who would like to improve their skills for 2D drawing production.
The course is appropriate for users in all disciplines.
Delegates must understand the basics of AutoCAD. These skills are covered in the AutoCAD Level 1 course.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
Tips and Tricks
- Improve drawing revisions with rev clouds and wipeouts
- Create polyline boundaries to simplify area extraction
- Use regions for complex area calculations
- Create selection sets based on object properties
- Reduce file size and maintain good CAD management practices by purging unreferenced objects
- Use points to identify coordinate locations in your drawing
- Place objects at evenly spaced intervals
- Use QuickCalc to perform calculations or convert units
- Understand the single interface for all text commands
- Create text with tabs, indents, paragraph / line spacing
- Create static and dynamic text columns
- Make the most of AutoCAD’s spell checker
- Create attributes with multiple lines of text
Working with Tables
- Use AutoCAD’s table function to make your data easy to understand and share
- Control table appearance and make global changes
- Use formulas, auto text, and blocks in your tables to automate annotation and perform calculations
- Extract block attribute data to your table
- Save time and reduce errors by dynamically linking data in an Excel spreadsheet to your AutoCAD table
Blocks and Attributes
- Create a block so it can be used in multiple drawings
- Create an annotative blocks that are scaled by the annotative scale in a viewport
- Attach numeric and text information to block definitions to make it easy to track drawing data
- Reuse data from another drawing using Design Centre
- Increase productivity by making your most frequently used tools and commands available on tool palettes – one of the most dramatic enhancements to AutoCAD in recent years
- Easily manage large, multi-disciplinary projects using external references
- Effectively manage your xrefs for better viewing and smaller files
Layer Management and Best Practices
- Use layer filters to quickly find objects you need inside of complex drawings
- Use layer states to return to a saved configuration of layers
- Ensure uniformity across drawings using layer standards
Working with DWF Files
- Create single block to represent multiple object configurations
- Assign actions to specific parameters of your dynamic block, such as scale, stretch, move, rotate, flip and array
The course is tailored to meet your requirements in terms of content, location and delivery.
Request information to receive a group training quote.
Cadassist is an Authorised Training Centre (ATC) for Autodesk and runs accredited courses for Autodesk and other CAD software packages. Cadassist is a design and data management specialist working with some of the UK’s leading design organisations. They use their...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!