AutoCAD Civil 3D - 2-day open course for civil engineers, land planners and surveyors
Cadassist's AutoCAD Civil 3D course is designed to provide civil design professionals with the skills needed to exploit the many tools made available by the AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
The programme covers working with point data, creating and analysing a 3D surface and developing a site. It also explore the features available to model roads, corridors, and pipe networks, as well as detail models using call out and drafting views.
The training provides an ideal way for professionals involved in land planning, civil design or transportation work to gain the essential skills needed to work effectively with point data and create reliable models in AutoCAD Civil 3D. Cadassist can also deliver this course as in-house training and tailor the course content to meet company-specific needs.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This AutoCAD Civil 3D course is typically suitable for civil engineers, land planners, surveyors, drafters, and anyone creating supporting documents for civil design, transportation work, or land planning and development.
Delegates must have a working knowledge of AutoCAD.
Training Course Content
Course content typically includes:
Working with Point Data
- Use point data to create a site plan that is physically and legally accurate
- Organise your point data to make it easier to work through design changes
- Create a continuous surface that you can use to display contours and elevations accurately
- Increase the accuracy of elevation calculations
- Surface analysis –watersheds, slopes, and elevations
- Cut and Fill –review site volume calculations based on the terrain model
- Create a 3D representation of your data
- Create a parcel to represent any feature with closed boundaries
- Use styles to control the display of parcels
- Add and modify parcel labels
- Create an industry-standard parcel report
Overview of Pipe Networks
- Design and present the flow of a utility system
- Create an alignment from network parts and draw parts in profile
- Create a dynamic pipe table
Storm and Sanitary Analysis
- Determine where water and wastewater will go on your site model
- Evaluate the performance of a detention pond in a storm event
- Transform a 2D schematic into a 3D site model by adding a directional surface to elevations
- Save time by creating grading standards
- Create and edit alignments
- Use profiles to view elevation data along a horizontal profile
- Represent a proposed surface along an alignment
- View cross sections of elevations along surfaces
- Create, view and manipulate a 3D model of a path for traffic
- Incorporate road features into your design, such as lanes, sideslopes, ditches and curbs
- Create a corridor surface to calculate how much soil needs to be moved, how much concrete and asphalt is needed
The course is tailored to meet your requirements in terms of content, location and delivery.
Request information to receive a group training quote.
Cadassist is an Authorised Training Centre (ATC) for Autodesk and runs accredited courses for Autodesk and other CAD software packages. Cadassist is a design and data management specialist working with some of the UK’s leading design organisations. They use their...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!