AutoCAD Essentials Training - 3-Day Open Course with Cadassist Ltd
This course is aimed towards design professionals who are new users to AutoCAD for 2D design work. Delegates will be equipped with the skills to create, edit, organise, annotate, and output 2D designs. This training is highly interactive and focuses on developing new skills through hands-on practice.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Become comfortable with the AutoCAD environment and CAD drawing scale.
- Efficiently move around a drawing, controlling AutoCAD’s display.
- Use AutoCAD’s drafting tools for creating 2D geometry.
- Organise information in drawings utilising layers and blocks.
- Annotate drawings with text and dimensions.
- Output drawings using multiple printing and plotting options.
Suitability - Who should attend?
First time users of AutoCAD 2D and AutoCAD LT. You must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
Training Course Content
The syllabus for this AutoCAD Essentials course is as follows:
- Communicating with AutoCAD
- Understanding the AutoCAD user interface
- Getting out of trouble
- Options for starting a drawing
- Managing drawing files
Viewing a Drawing
- Understanding drawing scale in AutoCAD
- Moving around a drawing in “real time”
- Time-saving display tools
Basic Drafting Tools
- Using different coordinate systems in CAD
- Using object snaps to control accuracy
- Saving time with running osnaps
- Your electronic T-square
Creating and Editing 2D Geometry
- Creating lines, circles, and arcs in AutoCAD
- Erasing, moving, copying, scaling, and rotating objects
- Using grips for better editing
Managing Object Properties
- Adding windows
- Organising drawing geometry using layers
- Working with different linetypes
- Options for changing object properties
Basic Drawing Techniques
- Using AutoCAD to make objects parallel, longer, repeat, or symmetrical
- Trim unwanted segments, round object corners
- Creating orthographic views
Saving Time with Blocks
- Draw something once and use it many times over
- Using a library of drawing components
- Using components from other drawings
- Use single and multiline text
- Learning dimension techniques
- Dimensioning angles, arcs and circles
- Quick dimensions
Working with Layouts
- Creating sheets for plotting
- Using viewports
- Setting layouts to plot to scale
Improving Drawing Appearance
- How to use hatch patterns to represent different parts or materials
Getting Your Drawings Out
- Plotting options, controlling plotting scale
The course is tailored to meet your requirements in terms of content, location and delivery.
Request information to receive a group training quote.
Cadassist is an Authorised Training Centre (ATC) for Autodesk and runs accredited courses for Autodesk and other CAD software packages. Cadassist is a design and data management specialist working with some of the UK’s leading design organisations. They use their...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!