AutoCAD VBA In-House Training - 3-day course in AutoCAD customisation
This AutoCAD VBA In-House Training provides participants with a good understanding of the customisation possibilities offered by AutoCAD VBA.
The 3-day programme is designed to help your users develop a set of useful skills in creating custom applications using AutoCAD VBA, which is fully integrated into all current releases of AutoCAD and AutoCAD-based applications. Delegates will learn to navigate VBA's graphic interface and develop their competence in:
- Creating a simple VBA application
- Building a VBA macro
- Applying VBA programming concepts
- Debugging VBA code
- Handling file input & output
The course is suitable for a broad range of users, but can be tailored by Cadassist can to meet your team's specific needs.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This AutoCAD VBA In-House Training is suitable for experienced AutoCAD users looking to create custom applications in VBA.
No previous programming experience is required.
Training Course Content
Course content typically includes:
- Using objects in VBA
- Designing forms
- Using the Object Browser
- Getting user input in the AutoCAD environment
- IDE menus and toolbars
- Working with UserForms
- Understanding commands for editing, debugging and running code
- Context sensitive help
- How to use programming logic
- Handling variables
- Making "if...then" decisions
- Using loops to repeat operations
- Using the Windows API interface
- Creating Active X links
- Setting the tab order for controls
- Working with graphical and non-graphical objects
- Extracting object information
- Using the Object Model concepts to create powerful applications
- Working with flowcharts and psuedocode
- Working with selection sets
- How to exchange data between applications with DDE and OLE
- Embedding and linking AutoCAD information to spreadsheets and documents
- Manipulating AutoCAD objects from a database
- Using AutoCAD VBA with Microsoft Office applications
- Using VBA with AutoLISP – choosing the best programming environment for a particular task
- Dealing with different error types
- Choosing the correct debugging aid
The course is tailored to meet your requirements in terms of content, location and delivery.
Request information to receive a group training quote.
Cadassist is an Authorised Training Centre (ATC) for Autodesk and runs accredited courses for Autodesk and other CAD software packages. Cadassist is a design and data management specialist working with some of the UK’s leading design organisations. They use their...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!