Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials - 3-day course for beginners in Revit MEP
This Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials course is designed to introduce participants parametric building services modelling using Autodesk’s Revit MEP software.
With the goal of giving delegates the skills to produce more accurate designs for Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems, the 3-day course tackles the following core topics:
- Revit’s interface and terminology
- Setting up and starting a project
- Analysing building models for performance
- Creating and modifying ductwork using Revit tools
By the end of the training, they will have the basic skills necessary to layout and create system piping, plumbing systems, fire protection systems and electrical circuits using intelligent building components, views and annotations.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Autodesk Revit MEP for New Users course is suitable for design professionals looking to learn how to produce building services models and projects using the Autodesk Revit software.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and architectural design and drafting concepts.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
Revit Overview and Basic Tools
- Hands-on introduction to the Revit user interface
- Views, cameras, line weights
- Best techniques for selecting / manipulating / hiding objects
- Best methods for creating and organising new views
- Learn the right way to create a new project –what to do first, second, etc. –and avoid mistakes later on
Editing in Revit
- Use copy, align, move, mirror, trim, offset and fillet tools
Revit Modelling Techniques
- Understand system families and their role in your model
- Discussion of Revit modelling techniques –pros and cons
- Create your own wall type to see how Revit works
- Create basic foundations to improve level of detail for sections and details
- Create a section and modify how it looks
- Create intermediate floor slabs
- Use the technique of aligning model elements to different floors to avoid repetitive tasks and ensure accuracy
- Model with Revit families such as windows and doors
Working with Roofs
- Learn different methods for creating roofs, from simple pitched to bespoke commercial
- How to load and use a 3D survey, create a site plan
Developing Your Model
- Create internal walls, dealing with internal wall issues
- Two types of tools for creating staircases
- Create a staircase that meets building regulations in just 4 clicks
- Create vertical openings in intermediate floors
- Use a 3D box section to check your staircase & identify problems
- Add simple furniture, understand families and hosted families
- Add ceilings, including bulkheads
- Convert a wall into a curtain walling system
- Use cameras (perspective and axonametric)
- Rendering techniques, best practices, rendering to the cloud
- Why schedules in Revit are 100% accurate
- Create door and window schedules from scratch
- Top tips for working with Revit schedules
Views and Sheet Composition
- Create a colour legend showing rooms by area or name
- Create presentation views, section views, title blocks
- Create a split section, create a 1:10 detail from a 1:50 section
- Why sheets, views and schedules remain live at all times
- Use the Automatic Revision Manager
- How multiple users can all work on the same file at the same time
- Linking Revit files vs. using Revit worksets –what’s right for you?
- Splitting your Revit model into worksets and using Revit’s collaboration tools
The course is tailored to meet your requirements in terms of content, location and delivery.
Request information to receive a group training quote.
Cadassist is an Authorised Training Centre (ATC) for Autodesk and runs accredited courses for Autodesk and other CAD software packages. Cadassist is a design and data management specialist working with some of the UK’s leading design organisations. They use their...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!