Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials In-House Training - 3-day programme
This Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials In-House Training is delivered by Cadassist provides your staff with a thorough overview of parametric building services modelling in Autodesk Revit MEP.
Over the 3 days of training, delegates will develop their skills in using intelligent building components and views to draft robust designs for Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems. More specifically, delegates will develop confidence in:
- Navigating the Revit interface to set up and begin a project
- Analysing building models for performance (e.g. cooling and heating)
- Developing and modifying ductwork using apposite tools
- Laying out and building fire protection systems, piping, plumbing systems and electrical circuits
Cadassist can also tailor the course content to meet company- or team-specific needs.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials In-House Training is suitable for design teams needing to produce building services models and projects using the Autodesk Revit software.
Training Course Content
Course content typically includes:
Building Information Modeling
- Understand how BIM differs from traditional CAD
- Design coordination and collaboration made easy
- Recommended practices for using the Revit user interface
- Use context menus for quick access to common tools
- Use the interface for tips that assist you while you work
Views & Visibility
- Views – the essential element of any Revit project
- Control object visibility so you can focus on specific drawing elements and achieve a desired layout
- Create sections and elevations with ease
- Visualise your model in 3D and review alternative designs
Setting up a Project
- Importing and linking architecture projects
- Best practices for distributing project tasks to your team
- Spaces – using Revit for engineering data calculations
- Zones – represent the area required by each piece of mechanical equipment, and then use for analysis
Building Performance Analysis
- Use Revit’s analytical model for heating / cooling load calculations
- Link to analysis software, such as IES :
- Create an HVAC system, check for interference, check whether design values meet engineering standards
- Create schedules that check equipment for correct properties
- Create supply and return piping, adjust sizing, check piping for interferences, schedule piping for quantity and analysis
- Size plumbing based on fixture unit values, calculate for flow
Fire Protection Systems
- Model electrical systems quickly and effectively
- Define voltages, assign devices to circuits, track loads, and automatically create panel schedules
Detailing, Drafting, Annotations, Schedules, Title Blocks
- Create callout views for increasing levels of detail
- Create detail views for builders, fabricators or installers
- Top tips for working with text, tags, dimensions and legends
- Eliminate errors with schedules that automatically update
Families – Revit’s Building Blocks
- Create your own reusable geometry in Revit, from diffusers to diesel generators, with intelligent connectors
The course is tailored to meet your requirements in terms of content, location and delivery.
Request information to receive a detailed group training quote.
Cadassist is an Authorised Training Centre (ATC) for Autodesk and runs accredited courses for Autodesk and other CAD software packages. Cadassist is a design and data management specialist working with some of the UK’s leading design organisations. They use their...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!