Autodesk Revit Structure Essentials In-House Training - 3-day course for your design team
This introductory Autodesk Revit Structure Essentials In-House Training covers building information modelling (BIM) techniques and tools based on Autodesk’s Revit Structure software.
During the 3-day programme, participants will learn the basics of Revit Structure, from structural design to construction documentation and project collaboration. They will develop an overall understanding of information modelling and its benefits in terms of cutting down production time and enhancing productivity. More specifically, they will learn to:
- Start new projects, import files, create levels and use column grids.
- Work with structural walls, sections, and elevations.
- Create floor framing, roofs, structural steel frames, floor decks, foundation slabs, and footings and grade beams
- Create stairs, ramps, and elevator pits
The training will give complete beginners the skills to significantly enhance their productiveness in producing building models using Autodesk Revit.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Autodesk Revit Structure Essentials In-House Training is suitable for design teams and structural engineering professionals who wish to learn how to produce building models using Autodesk Revit Structure software.
Training Course Content
This Autodesk Revit Structure course, in house training at Level 1, is designed to cover the following units:
Building Information Modelling
- Understand how building information modelling helps create complex designs
- Understanding the user interface
- Selecting and modifying elements
Views and Visibility
- How to control the visibility of your model and what appears on your drawings
- Set up a building grid and structural columns
- Create new wall types
- Model structural walls and add footings and pilasters
- Create elevations and sections
Creating Floors, Frames and Roofs
- Add floor framing by using girders and beam systems
- Create a roof structure and add steel framing
- Add sloped beams
- Add composite floor decks with openings
- Create foundation slabs and slabs-on-grade
- Add structural foundation elements
Beam and Truss Systems
- Learn about the labour-saving tools for the placement of framing members in beam systems and trusses
- Create custom beams and trusses
Stairs and Ramps
- Add tags, legends, dimensions, symbols and text
- Prepare schedules of your model components
- Create section, detail and drafting views to display the structure, placement, and connections of your building components
- Create and publish drawing sets, create a title block and sheet
- Incorporate project milestones into your Revit model
- Control several versions of your design in one model
- Concurrently develop, evaluate and redesign building components and room boundaries within a single project file
- Use Revit worksets and worksharing
- Work with coordinate systems
- Link Revit models
- Use Copy/Monitor and coordination review
- Use linked Revit models
- Link with other file formats –DWG, DXF, etc.
- Exporting / importing design models (optional)
The course is tailored to meet your requirements in terms of content, location and delivery.
Cadassist is an Authorised Training Centre (ATC) for Autodesk and runs accredited courses for Autodesk and other CAD software packages. Cadassist is a design and data management specialist working with some of the UK’s leading design organisations. They use their...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!