MicroStation 3D - In-House Training - 2-day practical modelling programme
This MicroStation 3D - In-House Training provides users with a solid understanding of the 3D capabilities made available by the MicroStation V8i software.
The 2-day programme has been designed by Cadassist to be highly practical, using hands-on exercises to outline the tools and processes available to:
- Navigate and work in a 3D design file
- Create and modify 3D curves, solids and surfaces
- Build parametric 3D models
- Make use of MicroStation's basic rendering capabilities
The course outline can also be modified by Cadassist to meet company-specific requirements.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This MicroStation 3D - In-House Training in house course is suitable for MicroStation users with a command of basic MicroStation skills.
Training Course Content
Course content typically includes:
- View compass, design cube and ACS orientations
- 3D Point Input
- Working with spheres, cylinders, cones, tori, wedges, pyramids, elliptical cones, ellipsoids and polyhedrons
- Apply standard editing tools to 3D elements
- Using 3D extrusion, revolution, extrusion along a line, and thicken techniques
- Creating a linear 3D solid
- Transferring your 2D skills to the 3D environment – familiar commands that work differently in 3D space
- Learn how to taper, shell, intersect, subtract, trim, cut, fillet, and chamfer 3D objects
- Modify, delete and edit 3D solid objects
- Convert 2D geometry to 3D solid models
- Align in 3D, change Smart Solid display
- Extract face or edge geometry, remove entities by size
- B-spline curve generation methods, 3D surface display
- Surface modelling by lofting and sweeping
- Helical, B-spline and planar surfaces
- 3D surfaces using edges, corner points or curve network
- Import/export 2D and 3D designs, cells in 3D, patterning in 3D
- Google’s 3D Warehouse tools
- Sheet views and dynamic views
- Apply annotations, use the copy/fold reference tool
- Introduction to Luxology
- Lighting types, placing lights, area lights
- Saving rendered views, advanced camera settings
- New base drawing for material application
- Material options and settings, material definitions
- Colour / level material assignments
- Assign procedural textures
- Import a 3D Design, create 3D cells
- Assign interior and exterior materials and finishes
- Create multi-layer materials
- Photo-realistic rendering methods
- Luxology interiors rendering, special material effects
- Luxology settings for exterior scenes
- Environment settings for scenes, sun image and fog effects
The course is tailored to meet your requirements in terms of content, location and delivery.
Request information to receive a detailed group training quote.
Cadassist is an Authorised Training Centre (ATC) for Autodesk and runs accredited courses for Autodesk and other CAD software packages. Cadassist is a design and data management specialist working with some of the UK’s leading design organisations. They use their...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!