MicroStation for AutoCAD Users - In-House Training for AutoCAD users
This MicroStation for AutoCAD Users In-House Training by Cadassist uses hands-on exercises to help your team develop a solid understanding of the 3D capabilities of MicroStation V8i when moving over from or working in parallel with AutoCAD.
As technology progresses, MicroStation and AutoCAD are getting more and more alike with each update. However, MicroStation and AutoCAD care still different CAD packages.
The 2-day programme course builds a solid foundation in the concepts, tools and features found in the MicroStation drawing environment, from drawing to plotting. Participants will walk through a typical workflow and tackle real-world design problems to practise applying the concepts presented. Various engineering disciplines are represented in the form of hands-on exercises.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to confidently make the transition to working with MicroStation for creating 2D drawings, understanding the similarities and differences between the two programs and finding equivalents of their favourite AutoCAD tools in Microstation.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This MicroStation 3D In-House Training is suitable for design teams and professionals who are AutoCAD users and wish to make a rapid transition to MicroStation for producing 2D drawings.
Training Course Content
Course content typically includes:
- Custom line styles overview of MicroStation
- Starting a new drawing
- MicroStation manager, MicroStation command window
- Main menu, screen menus
- Seed files
- Controlling display attributes
- Drawing commands lines, circles, shapes, smartlines
- Editing commands
- Delete, move, rotate, scale, undo, redo etc.,
- Element selection and manipulation by fence, delete & copy
- Editing techniques: copy parallel, extend, trim
- Using locks
- Co-ordinate input
- Using Accudraw
- View commands, zoom, window, update, fit
- Element selection using Powerselector
- Additional editing commands
- Using levels and level manager
- Creation on insert of cells
- Use of cells and cell libraries
- Adding patterning to a drawing
- Adding text to a drawing
- Adding dimensions to a drawing
- Introduction to the use of reference files.
- Controlling the display of reference files
- Saving and plotting drawings
The course is tailored to meet your requirements in terms of content, location and delivery.
Request information to get a detailed group training quote.
Cadassist is an Authorised Training Centre (ATC) for Autodesk and runs accredited courses for Autodesk and other CAD software packages. Cadassist is a design and data management specialist working with some of the UK’s leading design organisations. They use their...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!