Revit Architecture Essentials - In-House Training for your company
The Revit Architecture Essentials In-House Training is designed to introduce your delegates to parametric architectural modelling using Revit Architecture.
The 2-day course is designed to be very hands-on and outlines the practical applications of the Revit tools covered. Your team will gain a thorough introduction to the software's main features and how to use them to build intelligent components, views and annotations for architectural design.
By the end of the course, participants will understand Revit’s interface and terminology, be able to set up a project, create models and dynamic drawing schedules, detail their models and understand the principles of Revit project collaboration.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Revit Architecture Essentials In-House Training is suitable for design teams and professionals who wish to learn how to produce architectural models and projects using Autodesk Revit.
Participants should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and architectural design and drafting concepts.
Training Course Content
Course content typically includes:
Revit Overview and Basic Tools
- Hands-on introduction to the Revit user interface
- Views, cameras, line weights
- Best techniques for selecting / manipulating / hiding objects
- Best methods for creating and organising new views
- Learn the right way to create a new project –what to do first, second, etc. –and avoid mistakes later on
Editing in Revit
- Use copy, align, move, mirror, trim, offset and fillet tools
Revit Modelling Techniques
- Understand system families and their role in your model
- Discussion of Revit modelling techniques –pros and cons
- Create your own wall type to see how Revit works
- Create basic foundations to improve level of detail for sections and details
- Create a section and modify how it looks
- Create intermediate floor slabs
- Use the technique of aligning model elements to different floors to avoid repetitive tasks and ensure accuracy
- Model with Revit families such as windows and doors
Working with Roofs
- Learn different methods for creating roofs, from simple pitched to bespoke commercial
- How to load and use a 3D survey, create a site plan
Developing Your Model
- Create internal walls, dealing with internal wall issues
- Two types of tools for creating staircases
- Create a staircase that meets building regulations in just 4 clicks
- Create vertical openings in intermediate floors
- Use a 3D box section to check your staircase& identify problems
- Add simple furniture, understand families and hosted families
- Add ceilings, including bulkheads
- Convert a wall into a curtain walling system
- Use cameras (perspective and axonametric)
- Rendering techniques, best practices, rendering to the cloud
- Why schedules in Revit are 100% accurate
- Create door and window schedules from scratch
- Top tips for working with Revit schedules
Views and Sheet Composition
- Create a colour legend showing rooms by area or name
- Create presentation views, section views, title blocks
- Create a split section, create a 1:10 detail from a 1:50 section
- Why sheets, views and schedules remain live at all times
- Use the Automatic Revision Manager
- How multiple users can all work on the same file at the same time
- Linking Revit files vs. using Revit worksets –what’s right for you?
- Splitting your Revit model into worksets and using Revit’s collaboration tools
The course is tailored to meet your requirements in terms of content, location and delivery.
Request information to receive a group training quote.
Cadassist is an Authorised Training Centre (ATC) for Autodesk and runs accredited courses for Autodesk and other CAD software packages. Cadassist is a design and data management specialist working with some of the UK’s leading design organisations. They use their...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!