Virtual Classroom Training - AutoCAD & AutoCAD LT Essentials - 3-Day
In this course users learn the features, commands, and techniques for creating, editing, and printing drawings with AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT. Using hands-on exercises, users explore how to create 2D production drawings.
The primary objective of this course is to teach new users the basic commands necessary for professional 2D drawing, design and drafting using AutoCAD / AutoCAD LT.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for new users of AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT.
No previous CAD experience is necessary. However, drafting, design or engineering experience would be an advantage. It is recommended that delegates have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP or newer.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of the course users will be presented with an Autodesk Authorised Training Certificate.
Training Course Content
In this course users learn the features, commands, and techniques for creating, editing, and printing drawings with AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT. Using hands-on exercises, users explore how to create 2D production drawings. Note: We normally train on the latest version. During the course delegates will cover:
- Navigating the Working Environment
- Working with Files
- Displaying Objects
- Inputting Data
- Creating Basic Objects
- Using Object Snaps
- Using Polar Tracking and PolarSnap™
- Using Object Snap Tracking
- Working with Units
- Selecting Objects in the Drawing
- Changing an Object’s Position
- Creating New Objects from Existing Objects
- Changing the Angle of an Object’s Position
- Creating a Mirror Image of Existing Objects
- Creating Object Patterns
- Changing an Object’s Size
- Using Layers
- Changing Object Properties
- Matching Object Properties
- Using the Properties Palette
- Using Linetypes
- Using Inquiry Commands
- Trimming and Extending Objects to Defined Boundaries
- Creating Parallel and Offset Geometry
- Joining Objects
- Breaking an Object into Two Objects
- Applying a Radius Corner to Two Objects
- Creating an Angled Corner Between Two Objects
- Changing Part of an Object’s Shape
- Using Layouts
- Using Viewports
- Creating Multiline Text
- Creating Single Line Text
- Using Text Styles
- Editing Text
- Creating Dimensions
- Using Dimension Styles
- Editing Dimensions
- Using Multileaders
- Hatching Objects
- Editing Hatch Objects
- Using Blocks
- Working with DesignCenter™
- Using Tool Palettes
- Working with Polylines
- Creating Splines
- Creating Ellipses
- Using Tables
- Using Page Setups
- Plotting Drawings
- Using Drawing Templates
Why choose Cadline - CAD and Autodesk Specialists
85,000 people trained since 1990
97% training delegates highly satisfied
The cost of this course is £595 + VAT per user.
CADline can also deliver training on-site for clients who want to reduce time and travel costs, as well as keeping delegates in a familiar environment.
Cadline - Leading UK Provider of Professional CAD Training
*We are now offering instructor led virtual classroom training courses that are delivered across the web. Each virtual training course is packed with interactive demonstrations, hands-on exercises and plenty of time to ask questions. Cadline is a specialist provider of design technology...
Average rating 4.2Based on 5 reviews
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!