Strategy and Performance Management
This Strategy & Performance Management course explores practical approaches to developing and implementing an operations strategy by aligning it with the business strategy then integrating operations processes with management process, support processes and projects designed to deliver a change. It develops a deeper understanding of performance management from a strategic perspective, covering the relationship between strategic and operational goals, targets and measures.
The course also covers how to identify the assets with the potential to create value, knowledge asset management as a growth driver. We combine these various aspects of management and leadership to develop an integrated view of strategic performance management. This is achieved by understanding the relationships between corporate strategy, business models, business strategies, functional strategies, and the management of risk, knowledge and projects.
Our evidence-based and highly practical approach to leadership and management helps executive managers to improve their ability to consider performance management from a strategic point of view.
Practical approaches to implementing a strategy and managing performance:
- Aligning and integrating operations strategy with business and corporate strategies.
- Understanding performance management from a strategic perspective.
- Explore the relationship between strategic and operational goals, targets and measures.
- How to identify assets with the potential to create value.
- Knowledge asset management as a growth driver.
- Develop an integrated view of strategic performance management.
- Understand the relationships between corporate strategy, business models, business strategies, functional strategies, and the management of risk, knowledge and projects.
- Our evidence-based and highly practical approach to leadership and management helps executive managers to improve their ability to consider performance management from a strategic point of view.
Suitability - Who should attend?
CXO executives, general managers, operations managers, functional managers, portfolio managers, programme managers, project managers, enterprise analysts, and specialists who:
- Have a responsibility to translate business strategy into operational strategies and plans then manage performance and deliver results or are accountable.
- Want a deeper understanding of the relationship between operational management and strategic management.
- Want to improve strategic alignment and develop a better performing organisation.
Training Course Content
Day 1 – Strategy execution problems and what to do about them
- Strategic planning - the execution issue
- Strategy as plans and patterns
- Integrating strategic & operational management
- Strategy as perspective
- Vision & Values, Mission & Goals
- Competitive strategy
Day 2 – Strategy alignment and integration
- Levels of strategy
- Corporate, Business, Functional
- Business Models
- Formulating, evaluating and updating strategy
- Translating Business Strategy
- Strategy Maps & Balanced Scorecards, Success Maps & Performance Prism
Day 3 – Managing and improving strategy performance
- Strategic difference
- Private sector (For profit), Public and third sectors (Not-for-profit)
- Formulating operations strategies (Operations, Marketing, Sales, HR, Finance etc.)
- Designing the ‘vital few’ performance measures (Going beyond KPIs)
- Setting the right targets
- Strategic performance – what does ‘good’ look like?
Course delivery details
Since March 2020 this programme has been converted for on-line presentation via zoom. Dates are listed at the end of the document. Once the situation regarding travel and hospitality after COVID-19 becomes clear we will schedule dates for instructor-led courses in London in addition to the on-line presentations.
We work in small groups up to a maximum of 12 delegates.
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.