Digital writing: writing for websites, enewsletters, blogs and other social media
As we increase our online communications and understand just how important online audiences are to our success, many staff are realising that web copywriting requires very particular skills. Whether you’re contributing to your organisation’s website, developing a corporate blog or building a Twitter campaign this one-day course will give you the ability to write compelling content that gets you the results you need online.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Digital writing course is aimed at anyone who needs to write for their website, corporate blog or other social media. This web writing course is equally useful for those new to writing web copy and those who have been producing online content for some time but want to think strategically about what they are doing and are looking for some fresh ideas. Please note, this is a writing course and focuses on content. You will not be taught design or build.
Training Course Content
Digital writing – the essentials
- why people leave websites, and what will make them stay
- what is copywriting and how is it different to other forms of writing?
- the right style and tone for your audience
- how users look at websites and blogs – writing for scanability
- structuring for success – headings and subheadings pull readers in
- call to action – motivate your readers
- increasing Facebook interaction through headings
Search engine optimisation
- write for the user: an up-to-date approach
- long-tail keywords and why they work
- your corporate blog as a strategic tool
- scheduling and promoting blog content
- top tips on writing a corporate blog
- driving traffic through Twitter
- persuasive writing
- building around the benefit to readers
Writing eNews – the essentials
- the From address
- subject lines that stand out in the inbox
- writing effective teasers - using your eNewsletter to drive traffic back to your site
Digital writing exercise
- choose between two briefs and put everything you’ve learnt into action
Evaluating your own writing and the writing of others
- evaluation and feedback exercise
Plus a year of free support.
Centre for Strategy and Communication
We specialise in affordable and effective face-to-face training in management, communication, administration, personal effectiveness and writing skills delivered by a team of industry experts. Our training is stretching, motivating and tailored to the individual learner. For over two decades we’ve...
Find out more about this Digital writing: writing for websites, enewsletters, blogs and other social media course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!