Effective feedback and conversations
In flatter, more digital and complex organisations there’s an increasing need to have effective, and sometimes challenging, conversations with colleagues, members and stakeholders. This one day management course will focus on each group’s unique challenges whether that’s disagreeing with a senior colleague, motivating a high-performer or explaining a change initiative. We will use an anonymous online survey to get real-life examples from the participants and we’ll use those challenging behaviours and difficult conversations as the focus of the day. The programme is highly interactive and practical with exercises, self-assessments, group work, case studies and role playing. The focus of the day will be sharing best practice and toolkits to give the managers the skills and confidence to have these critical conversations.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed at managers who needs to deal with challenging attitudes, behaviours and situations. This course will work best if managers and their direct reports do not attend the same course.
Training Course Content
- Welcome, introductions, aims for the day
- Reviewing the surveys: what conversations matter the most to this group
- Getting the desired outcome from a difficult conversation
- Effective listening to resolve problems
- Identifying different types of behaviour
- Adapting styles of communication to different situations
- What makes people behave in a difficult way
- Bringing out the best in people at their worst
- Persuasion and influence
- Communication skills: the feedback toolkit
- Knowing how and when to tackle issues
- How to build your confidence and assertiveness
- How to ask for a change in behaviour
- Managing conflict
- Dealing with aggression
- How to problem solve and negotiate with difficult people
Centre for Strategy and Communication
We specialise in affordable and effective face-to-face training in management, communication, administration, personal effectiveness and writing skills delivered by a team of industry experts. Our training is stretching, motivating and tailored to the individual learner. For over two decades we’ve...
Find out more about this Effective feedback and conversations course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!