participants will examine the skills, behaviours and values essential to become an effective mentor. Through discussions, interactive exercises and case studies the day will cover the essentials of mentoring and mentoring approaches, alongside challenges and pitfalls to avoid.
Suitable for first time mentors, or those with more experience, this training will enable you to practice key mentoring skills as well as develop your unique mentoring style.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This one-day training course is suitable for anyone who is involved in mentoring or who wishes to develop mentoring skills. The course is suitable for first-time mentors as well as those who already have mentoring experience.
Training Course Content
- what mentoring is and how it contributes to organisational development
- how mentoring differs from other forms of development, such as coaching
- when to use mentoring
- the skills of the effective mentor
- getting started in mentoring
- mentoring ground rules and contracting
- structuring and managing mentoring sessions
- mentoring models
- active listening and questioning skills and techniques
- working with different learning and engagement styles
- goal setting and action planning
- dealing with challenges of mentoring, such as time pressures, lack of engagement or personality clashes
- evaluating mentoring relationships
- bringing mentoring relationships to an end
- a year of free support
Centre for Strategy and Communication
We specialise in affordable and effective face-to-face training in management, communication, administration, personal effectiveness and writing skills delivered by a team of industry experts. Our training is stretching, motivating and tailored to the individual learner. For over two decades we’ve...
Find out more about this Effective mentoring course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!