Handling difficult people and situations: essential tools
Many of us face difficult encounters with employees or colleagues which, if not handled properly, can have serious repercussions for the whole staff team. This conflict resolution course will equip you with tools and techniques for dealing with different types of situation, giving you the confidence and understanding you need for effective management of difficult situations. You will learn how to effectively communicate with difficult team members whilst ensuring a positive outcome, all in a safe environment for discussing sensitive issues.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This conflict management course is for anyone who wants to develop their skills in this crucial area of people management, and for managers who want to develop techniques to deal with challenging attitudes. The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
Training Course Content
- knowing how and when to tackle issues
- what makes people behave in a difficult way
- understanding different types of problem behaviour
- the essentials of good communication
- how to build your confidence and assertiveness
- identifying and dealing with behaviour problems before they happen
- how to ask for a change in behaviour
- managing conflict training
- dealing with aggression
- adapting styles of communication to different situations
- how to problem solve and negotiate with difficult people
- a year of free support
Centre for Strategy and Communication
We specialise in affordable and effective face-to-face training in management, communication, administration, personal effectiveness and writing skills delivered by a team of industry experts. Our training is stretching, motivating and tailored to the individual learner. For over two decades we’ve...
Find out more about this Handling difficult people and situations: essential tools course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!