Minutes: taking and writing effective minutes
Effective minute-taking is vital to the efficient organisation and a good minute-taker can transform the effectiveness of a team. This one-day Minute-taking course is a sound introduction to minute-taking and equips you with the knowledge and skills you need to write professional minutes with confidence.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This one-day Minutes course is useful to anyone who has to take minutes as part of their work, whether you are asked to minute the occasional team meeting or are responsible for minuting formal Board meetings. This course is suitable for those who have never taken minutes before as well as those who want a refresher and clarification of minute-taking.
Training Course Content
- the purpose and use of minutes
- preparation for taking minutes and meetings
- the special rules of grammar and language for minutes
- some useful terminology and how to use it
- minuting presentations and information briefings
- the difference between informal and formal minutes
- what minutes should include and what should be left out
- the tasks of the effective minute taker
- the role of the chair and how to work with your chair
- effective listening
- tips and tricks for note-taking
- practical exercises including real life opportunities to practice taking minutes
- minutes and The Freedom of Information Act
- a year of free support from your trainer
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Effective minute-taking is vital to the efficient organisation and a good minute-taker can transform the effectiveness of a team. One of our trainers explains what the course involves, and what you'll get from the day
Centre for Strategy and Communication
We specialise in affordable and effective face-to-face training in management, communication, administration, personal effectiveness and writing skills delivered by a team of industry experts. Our training is stretching, motivating and tailored to the individual learner. For over two decades we’ve...
Find out more about this Minutes: taking and writing effective minutes course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!