Moving from manager to leader - taking on a senior management role
In challenging times, it provides a much needed opportunity to focus on your strategic skills, your organisational understanding and your capacity to lead and manage through change. It offers an excellent chance to reflect on your experience with others who are similarly placed, tackle any difficulties, and raise your effectiveness even further. This is a two-day senior management course, plus a follow up half-day.
*24 April, 2019 – 25 April, 2019 (plus half-day afternoon follow-up on 3 June, 2019) — 15% off*
Suitability - Who should attend?
Our Moving from manager to leader course is specifically targeted at senior managers. It will be helpful, though not essential; to have attended either the Centre's Moving into management course or our Moving up in management course. The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
The senior management training is for managers who have at least three years' experience
Training Course Content
- leadership in today's climate: what we can do
- from operational to strategic management: moving up a gear
- your organisation, its culture and its impact on your leadership approach
- power and authority: differences and similarities
- how power works in organisations
- leading and managing through change
- how to 'be' as a senior manager: handling yourself in role
- using your influence at work
- team-building for success
- your team leadership style
- the leader as communicator
- managing difficult conversations and meetings
- managing upwards and sideways
- advanced motivation skills: understanding and getting the most from different individuals
- critical incidents in organisations: how to avoid a crisis
- impression management: your personal PR
- a year of free support
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Our Management training: moving from manager to leader – taking on a senior management role is a course developed for aspiring senior managers and chief executives. One of our trainers explains who this course is for, and what you'll gain from the day.
Centre for Strategy and Communication
We specialise in affordable and effective face-to-face training in management, communication, administration, personal effectiveness and writing skills delivered by a team of industry experts. Our training is stretching, motivating and tailored to the individual learner. For over two decades we’ve...
Find out more about this Moving from manager to leader - taking on a senior management role course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!