Self-awareness at work
On this one-day Self-awareness at work course you’ll learn how to identify and question the thoughts and stories that block us from living in productive emotional states.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Our Self-awareness at work course is suitable for anybody who wants to understand emotional intelligence and how it can help them in the workplace.
Training Course Content
- emotional intelligence: what it is and why it matters
- self-awareness: how do we develop it?
- self-awareness: identifying beliefs
- learn a simple, proven process for improving self-awareness
- understand how to identify your perceptions and beliefs about others at work
- see what lies ‘below the surface’ of your reactions
- getting clear: questioning beliefs
- learn how to question your thoughts about yourself and others
- understand the fears that block assertiveness and honesty
- learn how to assert yourself more calmly: why assertion doesn’t equal aggression
- handling conflict with confidence
- interpretations: ‘what someone says’ vs ‘what you think they say’
- learning how to handle sensitive / difficult issues
- taking responsibility vs being a victim; which one do you choose?
- questions and techniques for handling and resolving conflict situations
- giving and receiving better feedback
- criticism: how can we befriend it?
- receiving feedback: how to make it work for you
- giving feedback: how to give helpful, usable feedback
- taking it back to work
- action planning for future development
- exploring resources and support to continue your journey to greater self-awareness
- a year of free support
Centre for Strategy and Communication
We specialise in affordable and effective face-to-face training in management, communication, administration, personal effectiveness and writing skills delivered by a team of industry experts. Our training is stretching, motivating and tailored to the individual learner. For over two decades we’ve...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!