City & Guilds 18th Edition Update
BS7671:2018 Requirements for Electrical Installations was issued on 2nd July 2018 and will come into full effect on 1st January 2019.
It is the responsibility of every contracting electrician to ensure they are fully conversant with current electrical regulations, but it is equally important that maintenance electricians and electrical managers have sound knowledge of the regulations that relate to their environments and operations. The course builds to a 2-hour open book examination consisting of 60 multiple choice questions.
Upcoming start dates
Contact for information
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is recommended for holders of the current 17th Edition qualification to Amendment 3 2015 standard. It is primarily aimed at electrical tradespersons and electrical managers to make them aware of the changes introduced to the wiring regulations and implications to design and installation practices. The course will also be of great benefit to companies that intend to perform inspection and testing of fixed wiring installations by providing a sound knowledge of the latest version of the 18th Edition Wiring Regulations.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be awarded a City & Guilds Certification.
Training Course Content
The course focuses on the changes brought in by the 18th Edition Wiring Regulations, including:
- Part 1 – Scope, Object and Fundamental Principles
- Part 2 – Definitions
- Part 3 – Assessment of General Characteristics
- Part 4 – Protection for Safety
- Chapter 41 - Protection against electric shock
- Chapter 46 – Isolation and Switching
- Part 5 – Selection and Erection of Equipment
- Part 6 – Inspection and Testing
- Chapter 64 – Initial Verification
- Chapter 65 – Periodic Inspection and Testing
- Part 7 – Special Installations or Locations
- Appendix 3 - Time/Current Characteristics of Overcurrent Protective Devices and RCDs
- Appendix 6 - Model Forms for Certification and Reporting
- Appendix 14 – Determination of Prospective Fault Current
- Appendix 17 – Energy Efficiency
The cost of this course is £225 + VAT.