City & Guilds 2377
Developed in line with the latest IET Code of Practice, this course focuses on the formal inspection, testing and recording of electrical equipment, with special regard for portable appliance testing. Using hands-on, practical tuition, it gives you the skills to meet typical contemporary challenges and prepares you for the City & Guilds 2377-22 examination.
You also have the option to take the City & Guilds 2377-32 examination (at an extra cost).
Upcoming start dates
Contact for information
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for Electrical personnel.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be awarded a City & Guilds Certification.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics:
- The legal requirement, purpose and frequency of Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- The main inspection and testing requirements prescribed in the IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- Equipment construction and definition
- Approved testing procedures with ‘Portable Appliance Testers’
- Establish maintenance charts, registers and recording of results
- Introduction to test instruments
- Equipment inspection and practical testing
- Test result analysis
The cost of this course is £210 + VAT.