If you’re an Electrical Duty Holder, or if you want to know more about obligations under the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989, this course is for you. Covering all systems voltages, the course focuses on electrical systems, installations, equipment and procedures operating at Low Voltage (up to 1000 volts AC).
Please note that the course specifically excludes mines, quarries, public distribution or generating equipment.
Upcoming start dates
Contact for information
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed at electrical personnel, it’s also ideal for non-electrical persons with a responsibility for electrical safety.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be awarded a Centrica Business Solutions Certificate and a CPD Certificate.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics:
- Who is a Duty Holder
- Relationship with other legislation
- Relationship with non-statutory documents
- Enforcement and penalties
- Designing safe electrical systems
- Maintaining electrical systems in a safe condition
- Ensuring safe work activities, risk assessments, Safe Systems of Work and Permit to Work Systems
- Providing, maintaining and using protective equipment
- Ensuring electrical systems are suitable strength and capability in all conditions
- Ensuring electrical systems are suitable for adverse or hazardous environments
- Basic protection
- Fault protection
- Suitability of connections
- Protecting against overcurrent
- Isolating and switching
- Safe isolation of supplies and working dead
- Live working
- Adequate working space, safe access and lighting
- Demonstrating competency
- Case studies
The cost of this course is £125 + VAT.