Electrical Safety AwarenessCentrica Business Solutions
Electrical Safety Awareness
This course is aimed at those who require an awareness of the dangers of electricity, and the basic principles for maintaining a safe environment. Suitable for non-electrical people, as well as providing a useful refresher for electrical personnel, it specifically looks at systems operating at 230 volts and 400 volts, but also considers reduced voltage systems and supplies at extra low voltages.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for electrical personnel and non-electrical personnel who require an awareness of electrical safety.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be awarded a Centrica Business Solutions Certificate and a CPD Certificate.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics:
- Applicable legislation and non-statutory documents
- Risks associated with electrical safety – electric shock, burns, arcing, fires, explosions and secondary effects
- Insulating conductors
- Enclosures and barriers
- Fuses and circuit breakers
- Double insulated equipment
- Wiring systems
- Maintenance, inspection and testing
- User checks
- Examples of dangerous situations
- Action for defective equipment
- Importance of electrical design
- Electrical certification Competence and safe systems of work
The cost of this course is £125 + VAT.
Centrica Business Solutions
Centrica Business Solutions believe that if a job’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well. This is why their electrical courses give you and / or your staff the practical skills to keep your customers safe, your business running smoothly and your career...
Find out more about this Electrical Safety Awareness course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!