Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Accidents happen, and, whilst they may never be completely eradicated from working life, the lessons we learn from their cause can significantly reduce the chances of them happening again.
Vital to this prevention is the application of robust and proven accident investigation and root cause analysis techniques.
During this course, you will learn about the core areas of accident prevention and investigation, with a focus on procedures and techniques that will enable you to arrive at the root cause of an accident. These procedures and techniques will also help you to create clear and concise formal reports and make logical and cost effective proposals to prevent repetition.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for:
- Safety professionals
- Safety Supervisors
- Site managers
- Senior managers
- Contract managers
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Clearly understand the accident causation and investigation process
- Recognise the human factors and human failure in accident causation and the factors affecting human reliability
- Know the differences between active vs. latent failures and errors vs. violations
- Compare advanced techniques for gathering information, including sequence diagrams, event and causal factor analysis and multi-linear events sequencing
- Identify critical events
- Explain fault tree, barrier and change analysis
- Illustrate advanced techniques for root cause identification, including ‘Tree’ and check-list techniques.
Course topics include:
- Accident causation and investigation
- Human factors/failure in accident causation
- The factors affecting human reliability
- Active versus latent failures
- Errors versus violations
- Advanced techniques for gathering information
- Sequence diagrams
- Event and causal factor analysis
- Multi-linear events sequencing
- Critical event identification
- Fault tree, barrier and change analysis
- Advanced techniques for root cause identification
- ‘Tree’ and check-list techniques
CIOB Academy - Excellence in the Construction Industry
CIOB Academy is the training arm of The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) - the worldwide professional body in construction management. Launched in 2016, the Academy provides a wide range of courses to help people develop successful careers in the construction...
Find out more about this Accident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.