Management of Asbestos - 1-Day Course
Although asbestos use was banned in the UK in 1999, it is still the single greatest cause of work-related deaths in the country. Asbestos in buildings affects refurbishment, alteration and demolition projects.
This course covers everything you need to know to manage asbestos effectively, including emergency planning for asbestos ‘scares’. It will give you the confidence to implement the correct processes and procedures to handle asbestos, and complete the project safely.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course will be of value to managers and technicians, along with but contractors who need to be able to interpret the information regarding asbestos that they receive from clients.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of the course participants will receive a certificate of attendance for their CPD records.
Course content covers how to:
- Identify the different types of asbestos, associated risks and diseases
- Determine where asbestos is likely to be located in buildings
- Arrange and manage the appropriate surveys and records
- Write a policy and procedures for dealing with asbestos
- Asess risks to all parties posed by the type and condition of building materials containing asbestos
- Handle an emergency or asbestos ‘scare’
- Deal with the management of asbestos removal operations
- Recognise when to use air monitoring and bulk sampling services and be able to explain the results to others
- Interpret the law relating to asbestos in premises.
CIOB Academy - Excellence in the Construction Industry
CIOB Academy is the training arm of The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) - the worldwide professional body in construction management. Launched in 2016, the Academy provides a wide range of courses to help people develop successful careers in the construction...
Find out more about this Management of Asbestos course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!