Certificate in Pensions Administration
Errors in pensions administration can be extremely costly, with fines for non-compliance in relation to automatic enrolment being as much as £1000 a day. By providing payroll and pension staff with relevant training, businesses can safeguard against the financial risk to the business.
The Certificate in Pensions Administration has been developed with pension practitioners to ensure that it meets the needs of the industry. It provides a clear opportunity for students to; develop their knowledge and demonstrate their understanding in several roles in the pension industry.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
This certificate is aimed at both the public and the private sector and is an excellent entry level qualification for members of the pensions, payroll and human resources teams that have day to day interactions with the pension scheme and scheme provider.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
CPD: 15 Points
Training Course Content
The modules on this course are:
Overview of UK pension schemes
- The different schemes available for example; occupational pensions schemes, defined benefit schemes, defined contribution schemes
- The role of HMRC, the Department for Work and Pensions and The Pensions Regulator
- Annual reporting requirements
Providing pension scheme information
- Criteria for membership
- Providing information to members where their changing circumstances can impact on their potential pension benefits/rights for example; eligible job holders, non-eligible job holders and entitled workers and any factors that need to be taken into account
Creating and maintaining pension scheme member records
- Understanding the scheme rules and organisational procedures
- Completing the new member process within the required dates; the impact of the dates on opting out of the scheme and when to use
- Postponement for automatic enrolment
- Investigating and resolving discrepancies
Transferring into and out of pension schemes
- Understand the regulations and requirements relating to transfers
- Data verification
- Calculating and communicating transfers
Amend pension records to reflect a member’s change of circumstances
- Leaving the scheme before retirement
- Understand when pensions benefits may become payable other than for retirement
- Interpret the scheme and regulatory rules to determine the type of benefit payable in the event of a member’s death:
- In service
- While receiving pension payments
- After a divorce
- Calculating and communicating pensions benefits
Payment of scheme benefits to pensioners
- Understand the scheme and regulatory rules relating to the calculations and processes involved in processing a pensioner payroll
- Determining continued payment of pensions benefits
Working as a member of the pensions team
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills and expectations
Top 10 Awards
Top 10 Winner - 2022
We're delighted to announce that Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals is a winner of our Top 10 Courses 2022 in Top 10 Finance Courses 2022.
Each year, we select the top 10 most popular courses on our site in some of the most popular categories to make it easier for our users to find the right course for them - so you can book with confidence.
Course delivery details
Delivery of the Certificate in Pensions Administration is delivered entirely online via the CIPP’s student web site now including the completion of the exam for module six (Payment of Scheme Benefits to Pensioners).
Recommended study hours per week are eight to ten hours.
Benefits of online learning include:
- Value for money - webinars are a low cost and effective learning tool
- Can learn anytime, anywhere - as well as the interactive webinars, participants can download the recorded webcast after the event, so they can refer back at a time, date and location to suit them
- Subscribe to RSS feeds to ensure that you never miss an online learning opportunity
The Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP)
Leading the profession through education, membership and recognition Established in 1980 as an official industry body, the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) is the only Chartered institute for payroll, pensions and reward professionals in...