Payroll and HR Legislation UpdateChartered Institute of Payroll Professionals
Payroll and HR legislation update - updated every seven days!
50% off for CIPP members
If you only attend one payroll training course a year, make it this one. Payroll legislation is constantly changing, and this essential update course covers the latest legislation, case law and all the proposed future changes, with the course material constantly updated to reflect the changes to payroll and HR in the UK.
This course is designed to keep anyone with payroll responsibility up to date on recent and proposed changes that will need to be implemented within their organisations to remain compliant.
*Correct at time of publication. Course materials checked and updated every seven days.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The payroll and HR legislation update is designed to keep anyone with payroll responsibility up to date on the recent and proposed changes that will need to be implemented within their organisations to remain compliant.
This course is perfect for payroll managers, supervisors and team leaders to assist them to keep up to date on recent and proposed legislative changes to ensure their organisation is compliant.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The aim of this course is to keep anyone with payroll responsibility up to date with recent and future changes in tax, National Insurance contributions (NICs), statutory payments and deductions, and other key areas of concern for the Payroll Department such as pensions and related employment law.
At the end of the course, delegates should be able to
- Identify key parameters for the current tax year for income tax, NICs, statutory payments and pensions
- Identify recent Pay As You Earn (PAYE) process changes that can affect payroll processing
- Locate appropriate guidance and resources on essential websites such as GOV.UK, Acas and The Pensions Regulator
- Be aware of current and future statutory and procedural changes that affect payroll and related HR processes
- Consider the implications of such changes on their organisation.
Training Course Content
Income tax and National Insurance
- Tax and NI contributions
- Personal allowances
- 2019-20 rates, bands and thresholds
- Scottish income tax
- Welsh income tax from April 2019
Real Time Information (RTI)
- Penalties and how to avoid them
- 2019-20 changes to the Full Payment Submission (FPS)
Statutory payments and leave
- SSP rates for 2018-19
- SMP, SAP, SPP and ShPP rates for 2018-19
- New statutory parental bereavement leave and pay
- Proposed SSP reform
Other payroll and HR matters
- Student Loan Deduction thresholds for 2019-20
- New PostGraduate Loan (PGL) deductions
- Expansion of Student Loan Deductions
- Court Orders and other attachment orders
- GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018
- CEO pay ratio reporting
- Consultation on Ethnicity pay reporting
The Apprenticeship Levy
- 2019-20 rate and allowance
- Changes for English apprenticeship funding
Expenses and benefits
- Transitional arrangements for OpRA rule changes
- Voluntary payrolling of benefits
- Company cars including
- Changes to car benefit charge from 2020
- Diesel supplement changes
- Latest Advisory Fuel Rates
- Van and fuel benefits
- Latest statutory exemption changes
- Tax-Free Childcare and the end of Employer Supported Childcare
- Increasing the State Pension Age
- Annual and lifetime allowances
- Automatic enrolment, ongoing duties and re-enrolment
- Pensions dashboard and other guidance changes
Changes to employment rights
- Holiday pay and leave case law
- What to include in holiday pay
- National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates from April 2019
- Taylor Review into Modern Working Practices and the Government’s response
Course content subject to change to reflect topicality and urgency of issues.
The cost of this course is:
- For CIPP members: £242 + VAT (CIPP members now receive 50% off this course)
- For non-members: £484 + VAT
The CIPP can also customise and deliver this course as in-house training for your organisation.
The Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP)
Established in 1980 as an official industry body, the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) is the Chartered membership body for payroll and pensions professionals in the UK and currently has in excess of 10,000 members enjoying a range of benefits. Its education...
Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals
Average rating 5Based on 7 reviews
Find out more about this Payroll and HR Legislation Update course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!