A Commercial Approach to Software Agreements - Advanced
A Commercial Approach to Software Agreements: Advanced- 1 day Course
This one day course supplied by CIPS will equip purchasing professionals with the skills to successfully negotiate the rapidly evolving and highly complex software marketplace.
The intensive programme will have two main key points of focus:
- Exploring the issues commonly encountered in medium-to-complex software projects and agreements
- Highlight a number of key developments that have changed the face of the software business.
Participants will learn the risks involved when adopting Open Source software and how to push back on sales people who demand contract changes in order to recognise deal revenue. The training will provide valuable techniques that can cut IP ownership negotiation time and an appreciation of why software businesses fear the explosion of patent rights.
Participants will benefit from the interactive format, being able to discuss and share practical learning points with their fellow delegates.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the nature of open source licensing models and the basic components of the GNU GPL and LGPL
- Work with contracts for bespoke and semi-bespoke software
- Recognise potential holes in licensing structures and learn how to ensure your corporate group is entitled to use software
- Influence the behaviour of sales people by understanding and predicting their one and only deal driver
- Spot potential tax risks in software procurement undertaken by large multinationals
- Reduce wasted time and effort negotiating ownership of intellectual property right
Suitability - Who should attend?
This advanced course is suitable for those looking to develop their knowledge of significant new developments in the software business e and update their approach to advanced topics.
It is ideal for those looking to progress on to more advanced software topics, negotiate a bespoke software agreement or enhance their understanding of software agreements.
Delegates should have attended the A Commercial Approach to Software Agreements - Essentials course or have an equivalent level of prior knowledge.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This training course is worth 7 CPD credit hours
Training Course Content
Key course content includes:
- Open source licensing structures
- 'Click wrap' agreement risks
- Various enterprise licensing models
- Multinational license structures
- The 'Sarbanes Oxley' argument and how to deal with it
- Escrow revisited and commercially reassessed
- Negotiating ownership of bespoke deliverables
- Basic principles of Software as a Service (SaaS)
The cost of this Advanced Commercial Approach to Cloud Service Agreements course is as follows:
Member: £585 (excl. VAT)
Non-member: £650 (excl. VAT)
Fee includes: Lunch, refreshments and all course materials
Inclusive e-learning: Implementation planning
Book this course with A commercial approach™ to software agreements - essentials for the combined price of £990 + VAT for members or £1100 + VAT for non-members
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Watch this video to see a summary of the current outlook of the Procurement and Supply Management Profession. Brought to you by the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply.
Request information - obligation free
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more & get a FREE call back about this A Commercial Approach to Software Agreements - Advanced course - simply fill out your details:
Based on 1 reviews
Be Inspired - watch the videos